Best and cheapest way to get from CDG to Hipark Residence Serris-Val d' Europe

Started by Profane, October 23, 2016, 01:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Profane

The TGV seems quite expensive and I've read it's a bit of a hassle. There is only 2 of us so a private shuttle doesn't seem worth the money. I understand this hotel is a 20 min walk from the park - is the Magic Shuttle the cheapest option? How do you find your way from the park to this hotel?

seraphelle

I love the TGV because it is super fast and I am an impatient little madam, as soon as I'm in Paris I'm practically bouncing up and down wanting to be in Disney  ;D
Saying that, I've done taxi and magic shuttle too.
Taxi was expensive and I do think you get charged a premium by jumping into a cab straight outside the airport, and that half an hour drive is so dull.
The magic shuttle is a bit more of an 'experience' as it's The Disneyland Bus, but I hate waiting if I've missed one, and then if its busy the noise on it can be a bit of a buzzkill, saying that though we've used it twice and the first time we got straight on, a nice 40 min drive and we were at our hotel. The second time, the bus was so late that instead of arriving at the airport to return home a comfortable amount of time before check-in, we got there after check-in had opened and I only just about managed to get some Laduree macarons before we had to board (made it though - priorities  ;) ;D ).
I've also gotten an Uber cab from Paris to Charles de Gaulle and that was surprisingly cheaper than expected, so that might be worth an option? Rather than jumping straight into a cab outside the terminal, go on the Uber app and get a quote first.

Personally, if there is a TGV due I will get that because it takes 10 minutes, if not, I'd get an uber. x
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

caspdex

A shared service is usually cheapest, and if you are staying in the Hipark a lot easier than the TGV. The shuttle bus that serves the Hipark is horrendous.

seraphelle

Quote from: Profane on October 23, 2016, 01:52:44 PM
How do you find your way from the park to this hotel?

I forgot this bit.

The hotels are a piece of cake to find. You exit the Village at the exit to the right of World of Disney rather than heading through the Village to the Disney Hotels. Then you follow that road to the roundabout, and turn right and walk for a few more minutes. Then a left turn (by large police station) and if I remember correctly the Hipark is the first hotel on the left hand side.
A 10 - 15 minute walk at most I'd say  :)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

samuelvictor

The TGV is not particularly difficult or expensive to get to the parks its from 12-23 Euros each way depending on time of day etc. The most complicated thing to work out is that CDG has several terminals and you need to get to the right one. I actually did this journey for the first time and video blogged it last month, though I've not edited and uploaded it yet, I certainly shall in the next couple of weeks. (my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgVvzWSSfLuD5LP-I_s8QUg ).

Magic Shuttle could be slightly cheaper (20 Euros), and simpler, but it takes longer. The buses don't come as often and they are slower than the train.

Once you are at Disney Village (both the TGV and the Magic Shuttle drop off here) it is about a 15 minute walk to the HiPark as Seraphelle said. Its all pretty flat, and you can't really get lost. Of course there are also free shuttle buses from the Village if you don't fancy walking or have too much luggage for that to be practical.

Of course, probably the quickest and easiest way would be to get a taxi or a private shittle company to take you directly from the airport to the hotel. These are more expensive, from experience I would guess 30-50 euros each way.