Disneyland In Park Cell Phone Charging Tip

Started by dss174, October 05, 2016, 06:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dss174

Just a tip for those who find themselves needing to charge their cell phones at some point during their Disney Paris visit as I noticed areas to charge are hard to come by.

We found that the ice cream parlor at the end of Main Street has a table near the wall with power outlets available.

Nothing worse than your phone dying when you want to capture photos.

DisneyRon

Quote from: dss174 on October 05, 2016, 06:19:22 PM

Which is where having a real camera (compact, not full sized DSLR) is quite useful, those can carry spare batteries. ;)
Though I agree, charging your phone in the park can be handy, though I imagine it'll become more important once DLP actually gets park wide WiFi (are they still planning to roll that out? DLR is getting it next year I believe, along with Magic Bands).

Few things on a phone need more energy than the WiFi radios.

Andybear

Quote from: dss174 on October 05, 2016, 06:19:22 PM
Just a tip for those who find themselves needing to charge their cell phones at some point during their Disney Paris visit as I noticed areas to charge are hard to come by.

We found that the ice cream parlor at the end of Main Street has a table near the wall with power outlets available.

I always use a normal camera to take photos when I'm on holiday and I make sure I have a spare charged battery in the camera case. 

Puffin

Since Pokemon Go I discovered the joy of using a battery pack with which you can recharge your phone 2 or 3 times. It's a lifesaver.  8)
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

jacmurphy

May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

grovesie

My battery pack has a solar panel so I can charge my battery pack and phone together ;D ;D ;D

Thaliel

a powerbank is useful too, though it already is a good idea to turn your internet off (as in completely, not just the wifi), apps that work online tend to waste a lot of battery life
<-Plz click