Choice of two rooms

Started by izzysfirstdisney, October 08, 2016, 06:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izzysfirstdisney

Hiya,

Just comparing rooms

Would people go for a Montana view at S.Lodge or for an extra £210 we can get a lakeside view room at Newport Bay?- Montana Lakeside not available dates we are going

We are going for 4 nights

Would you say it is worth the extra?

polar vixen

I'm curious how much extra it would be for golden forest as this would give more perks than a lake view, and having stayed in a Montana room, the view out the 'back' into the trees was lovely although sadly not guaranteed

izzysfirstdisney

Hiya

I did look at Golden Forest but it is quite a bit more as has no discount on the dates we are going

Think I will probably go for the Montana room

Karen

We chose to stay at the Newport Bay August 2016 instead of the Sequoia Lodge, only because the Newport is such a beautiful Hotel, freshly refurbished.  I thought the last time we stayed at Sequoia the rooms were a bit tired looking, the breakfast at Newport was lovely as well  ;D ;D

izzysfirstdisney

Ohhhhh

Is breakfast different in Newport Bay then? I just thought it has a pool as well doesn't it? Is it heated do you know?

polar vixen

Both sequoia lodge and the Newport bay have pools, although sequoia also has a slide. I believe Newport bay now offers scrambled eggs pancakes etc for breakfast whereas sequoia is only typical continental pastries and yogurts etc. We've stayed in both. Newpoet bay was lovely and bright. Sequoia lodge many describe as dated but I think it's just more forest colours. I like the surroundings of sequoia lodge more plus it has a gift shop which nb doesn't, but both are really nice

Karen

Hello there, I think the indoor pool is heated at the newport bay, well is seemed very steamy when i walked through it to the outdoor pool in August anyway  ;D.  Yes the breakfast is lovely, continental and Pancakes, maple syrup, bacon etc.  The gift shop at Newport has just reopened after a refurbishmentl, it wasn't open when we visited in summer.