Hotel rethemes

Started by Rocketeer, October 04, 2016, 08:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

There was a story not so long ago that the Santa Fe will be rethemed once it has its refurbishment. And now I see speculation that the Hotel New York could also be rethemed (this is only a rumour though) during its 15-month closure.

I wonder just how drastic the changes will be? The NY's change could be quite subtle, keeping the Big Apple theme, but in a different style. The Santa Fe could be changed completely, from a Cars theme to a Star Wars one.

I guess its fun to speculate. What do you all think?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

samuelvictor

I like the look of those new Hotel New York rooms.  8)

Honestly, I don't see why they would re-theme the Hotel Santa Fe, it was done pretty recently - I assume between 2011 and 2012, because when we stayed there in 2011 we had an old style room, and in 2012 had a new one. The Cars retheming was comparitively subtley done, and I really liked it. Very cosy and nice to come back to.

Although, I've just come back from the Half Marathon weekend, and I did notice whilst running past the Santa Fe that the "Cinema Screen" with Lightning and Sally (which used to have Clint Eastwood) was sadly very faded from sun damage. This really needs to be replaced as when it was new, the colours popped and it was stunning - especially when lit up at night. It was sad to see it looking "old" so quickly.

Rocketeer

^If I remember right, WDI/EDI or EDSCA stated that there were plans for a retheme of the Santa Fe - but they left it at that.

As for the New York, well I guess that answers the complete retheme question. The new rooms look nice, to me the old style was becoming very outdated.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

RockNRoller

I've thought the New York has looked tired for a while, those new rooms look very nice and cosy.
Cant see the Santa Fe being done again so soon after the Cars overlay
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

andrewuk

July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Rocketeer

Am I the only one that remembers the story about the Santa Fe? I recall the official statement was a bit vague; something along the lines of "it will return with a new theme". In other words... once we figure out what to do with it.