Star Wars commercial being shot 23/08/2016

Started by Mtlchuck, August 24, 2016, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtlchuck

Look what happened last night in Discoveryland :)

They were filming some commercial with R2D2 strolling around Discoveryland. It is probably for the 25th, which will see the debut of Star Tours 2 and a rumored Star Wars Space Mountain re-theme (which I am sadly against).

Neat anyhow :)!

loulou169

OMG! Now this excites me!! I'm seriously pinning all my hopes on more Star Wars being in Discovery Land when we go next year!! I'm booking for October 2017 as I know Star Tours will defo be open plus other rides and fingers crossed nothing will be shut!
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

Nicola

Jan - March 2017 There will be a new star wars season!! You can find details here: http://www.dlptoday.com/2016/08/22/star-wars-season-of-the-force-confirmed-for-early-2017-disneyland-paris-debut/
We have booked to go in February so I am so excited. I didn't know this was happening when we booked it :)
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

loulou169

I've just spent the morning sorting prices out to go the end of March! Im such a massive SW fan and this has seriously over excited me! Lol

I'm also going October 2017 once they release dates as I love Halloween season and I'm desperate to go on the new star tours! They say star tours opens again March 2017 but I've got a funny feeling it won't be when I go! Lol

ukretrozone

I'm massivley considering a trip to Season of the Force at DLP. Even if I'm there for a day everything they are offering for the season interests me. As Steve said on the latest DtoD podcast, I hope Phasma has photo ops as would love a pic with her.

Mtlchuck

Quote from: loulou169 on August 25, 2016, 12:51:42 PM
I've just spent the morning sorting prices out to go the end of March! Im such a massive SW fan and this has seriously over excited me! Lol

I'm also going October 2017 once they release dates as I love Halloween season and I'm desperate to go on the new star tours! They say star tours opens again March 2017 but I've got a funny feeling it won't be when I go! Lol

Not trying to let you down here but Star Wars: The Adventures Continue is an AWFULLY INTENSE ride. I have never suffered from any sort of motion sickness and I do well with roller coasters, but I left that simulator feeling so ill. It moves very violently and the 3D makes it so nauseating. Take some good anti-nausea medicine before trying it!

loulou169

Quote from: Mtlchuck on August 25, 2016, 04:56:28 PM

Not trying to let you down here but Star Wars: The Adventures Continue is an AWFULLY INTENSE ride. I have never suffered from any sort of motion sickness and I do well with roller coasters, but I left that simulator feeling so ill. It moves very violently and the 3D makes it so nauseating. Take some good anti-nausea medicine before trying it!

Oh god that's not good! Lol Do you normally suffer from motion sickness?

Quote from: ukretrozone on August 25, 2016, 01:58:17 PM
I'm massivley considering a trip to Season of the Force at DLP. Even if I'm there for a day everything they are offering for the season interests me. As Steve said on the latest DtoD podcast, I hope Phasma has photo ops as would love a pic with her.

I've just been listening to his podcast! Phasma is an amazing character and having your pic done with her would be brilliant!! I've got some good prices so far for hotel and Eurostar but I'm gonna have to bunk a day off work to go!! Lol

Rocketeer

Am I the only one in thinking they should use this for the fireworks and projections on La ToT?

https://youtu.be/dWRWYYt47RI

Nope? Just me then.....

...I'll get my coat.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

loulou169

Quote from: Rocketeer on August 25, 2016, 08:20:51 PM
Am I the only one in thinking they should use this for the fireworks and projections on La ToT?

https://youtu.be/dWRWYYt47RI

Nope? Just me then.....

...I'll get my coat.

Lmao!! I can't quite see Disney working with this! 😬

ukretrozone

Yes using the disco theme has to happen! I would cry with laughter if that blasted out of the speakers in Disney Studios

MattR

Quote from: loulou169 on August 25, 2016, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: Mtlchuck on August 25, 2016, 04:56:28 PM

Oh god that's not good! Lol Do you normally suffer from motion sickness?

Quote from: ukretrozone on August 25, 2016, 01:58:17 PM

I've just been listening to his podcast! Phasma is an amazing character and having your pic done with her would be brilliant!! I've got some good prices so far for hotel and Eurostar but I'm gonna have to bunk a day off work to go!! Lol

I get motion sick from Star Tours 1 in Paris everytime I ride, but never got motion sick from Star Tours 2 in Tokyo. Aside from Paris Star Tours I only got motion sick once from Time Travelers in the MoviePark.

Mtlchuck

I guess each person is different- I rode it it Anaheim, so just a warning ;).

Rocketeer

Quote from: ukretrozone on August 26, 2016, 08:21:24 AM
Yes using the disco theme has to happen! I would cry with laughter if that blasted out of the speakers in Disney Studios
And that would the most appropriate park for them to play it in. :P

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer