Interesting article (dated but still interesting!)

Started by Sugaroo_, August 17, 2016, 12:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugaroo_

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this article dated April 20, 2014. There's quite a lot of information in it.

It states "All of the following is unconfirmed and is all rumoured at the moment - it may come true and it may not, but apparently it comes at the end of a length investigation which has taken weeks and months to find all this information."

Also as a disclaimer at the the end of the article "There has been a lot of controversy surrounding this article over the past few days. This article has merely been translated from the French version (which was not written by us) to provide a discussion point. We do not agree nor disagree with the information provided herein (though from what we've heard from people familiar with the matter a large part of this is true), nor accept any responsibility for it."

Obviously the article is old news, but what I find interesting reading it 2 years down the line is comparing the huge extent of expansions they had in mind and what was considered pure speculation, to what has and has not come to fruitation by now.

Four points really stood out for me and I really hope they happen:
- A new 2000 seater theatre to the right of "It's a small world" to allow large shows to run 365 days a year.
- Star Wars Land should make its appearance in the area around Star Tours.
- Soarin' over the Horizon will be a new attraction located behind Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril in Adventureland (omg  :o)
- Walt Disney Studios will continue to expand with a new e-ticket ride themed around the Avengers which will be similar to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at the Universal parks, but in 3D.

There's a lot more - Rock n' Roller Coaster being rethemed to Spiderman, Armageddon rethemed to Fantastic Four, the stunt show being replaced by a show themed around the Agents of SHIELD....

These are all rumored expansions for 2014-2018. It's also interesting to see that the more ambitious expansions are the ones financed by the Walt Disney Company and not Disneyland Paris, but on the flip side only the expansions & refurbs financed by Disneyland Paris have begun, are scheduled to begin or have been completed. So maybe too ambitious Walt Disney Company? Borderline unrealistic?   

What do you guys think? Considering what we've seen so far, what projects do you see happening, especially by 2018? (I'm a bit skeptical here)

Read here:
http://www.independentguidebooks.com/blog/2014/4/20/disneyland-paris-rumour-incredibly-detailed-10-year-roadmap-from-2014
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Rocketeer

Well given at how much of a stinker Fantasic 4 was, I don't see AES getting replaced by it.

:P

I can see the Star Wars Land and Soarin' happening though.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Sugaroo_

Quote from: Rocketeer on August 17, 2016, 06:13:20 PM
Well given at how much of a stinker Fantasic 4 was, I don't see AES getting replaced by it.

AES is an attraction I feel is in dire need of an update. And yet you hear nothing about it. It can take a good 200 guests per show which could really help with the crowds. We have it as our "might as well" ride when all the other attractions are too busy, but could totally skip it.

If Soarin' happens I will die! Adventureland (and Frontierland) could do with more attractions.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."