Disneyland Paris train station evacuation

Started by stormflm595, August 11, 2016, 01:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3733706/Disneyland-Paris-evacuated-suspect-package-train-station-neighbouring-theme-park.html

Apparently the train station was evacuated yesterday as a suspicious package was found. Packages turned out to be safe but I'm really glad to see that they're taking anything like this serious.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Zee79

For those who are in DLP at the moment they supposedly knew nothing about it. Im glad it is taken seriously and security is tight there, I felt totally safe when there the other week, they had a scare in the park on phantom manor but it was dealt with quickly, calming & efficiently. I think the press are scaremongering a lot of the time as well.

stormflm595

Quote from: Zee79 on August 11, 2016, 02:49:50 PM
For those who are in DLP at the moment they supposedly knew nothing about it. Im glad it is taken seriously and security is tight there, I felt totally safe when there the other week, they had a scare in the park on phantom manor but it was dealt with quickly, calming & efficiently. I think the press are scaremongering a lot of the time as well.

I agree.

This happened in September 2013 when I was there. Me and my friend came out of the parks around dinner time, saw something going on around the train station and found it all cordoned off with soldiers around it. We never did really find out what was going on but we suspected something dodgy had been found.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

msRavenswood

It all started by some Twitter reports, nothing official. It was just a bag that was left behind.

andrewuk

We had a station evacuation last June. Pretty regular occurrence I believe. I was most impressed by the police, they looked very professional and on the ball.The article is from the Daily Mail so a generous pinch of salt is required.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne