Romance

Started by sebi978, August 03, 2016, 11:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebi978

Hi all,

Disneyland/world has been a family favourite since I was a little child, having gone countless times. The problem I have is:

A. I'm now comfortably an adult
and
B. I'll be taking my girlfriend who's never visited Disneyland before

I understand how the park works and all the technical aspects, my only question to those of you that have done a romantic/adults only trip is how have you done it differently (without the kids) and how can I make it particularly romantic?

I'm welcome to all suggestions of all budgets short of staying in a honeymoon suite (opted to save ££ and go for Compass), I really want to make this a special one, we're staying for three nights and I've already thought of spending an evening/day at the outlet stores to get some xmas presents (we're going beginning of November)

Thanks for all your help :)

rocker

I'd certainly think about booking some of the higher end restaurants and I'm sure they can have champers and chocolates waiting for you in the room.

If you want less theme park and more romance then an afternoon or evening in Paris should be a winner....or dinner in Bistro De Remy if you don't fancy the 30 minute train ride in to the city!

never2old

Definitely book some of the table service restaurants: Blue Lagoon with all the candles can be quite romantic, and dinner in Walt's or Bistrot Chez Remy are definitely great experiences. Order some wine, and take your time to rest and enjoy a good meal... Or treat yourself to the California Grill, probably the quietest and more pleasant restaurant in the resort...

You can also start your evening by enjoying a drink in one of the hotel bars; the one in the New York is a favourite of ours... 

Samninetysix

When I wanted to surprise my wife for our anniversary I ordered flowers in our room. She thought we were staying in Sequoia Lodge when I had in face booked the Disneyland Hotel. I left her in the town square near City Hall with the excuse I had left something in the car and promptly dived into the DLH. At reception, I gave my name and asked if the flowers were aleady in the room, the receptionist replied "Oh yes monsieur and SO MUCH MORE!". With that every member of staff on the desk came over and started clapping, a bit over the top but a wonderful gesture. I was then shown up to our room and not only were there flowers but champagne, 2 bottles of the 15 anniversary wine, Mickey & Minnie champagne flutes, sweets in a 15 mug, it was beautiful. We were presented with "Crystal Family" passes (not sure they still do that) and VIP fast passes.

seraphelle

Don't forget the little touches can be just as romantic. My husband bought me a little Mickey and Minnie in their wedding outfits pin badge, and gave me a pair of earrings whilst we were at my favourite point on my favourite ride.

Cocktails in Café Fantasia in the Disneyland Hotel on the evening while the pianist is playing is also rather lovely, and strolling around Lake Disney at night is also a favourite.

:D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

sebi978

Quote from: Samninetysix on August 04, 2016, 12:04:16 PM
When I wanted to surprise my wife for our anniversary I ordered flowers in our room. She thought we were staying in Sequoia Lodge when I had in face booked the Disneyland Hotel. I left her in the town square near City Hall with the excuse I had left something in the car and promptly dived into the DLH. At reception, I gave my name and asked if the flowers were aleady in the room, the receptionist replied "Oh yes monsieur and SO MUCH MORE!". With that every member of staff on the desk came over and started clapping, a bit over the top but a wonderful gesture. I was then shown up to our room and not only were there flowers but champagne, 2 bottles of the 15 anniversary wine, Mickey & Minnie champagne flutes, sweets in a 15 mug, it was beautiful. We were presented with "Crystal Family" passes (not sure they still do that) and VIP fast passes.

Sounds amazing! And you just emailed the hotel before? Not sure whether they'd do it in Newport but may be worth emailing for flowers despite it not being an anniversary.

Thanks for all other replies, never done california or chez remy so definitely two worth going to.

Samninetysix

Yes, mine started with a phone call to book then an email, in fact, back then I had to send a fax also which I don't think you have to now.

Last year was quite good also, we booked into Dreamcastle for 2 nights as part of a longer trip, also for our anniversary and they upgraded us to the Rapunzel suite in the round tower.

sarahh83

The whole experience is just romantic ❤❤❤

But I'd agree with chez remy it's lovely in there. And cocktails in disney hotel too
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs