Disneyland Surprise Help!

Started by sportland93, August 03, 2016, 10:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportland93

Hi guys,

I'm planning a surprise trip for mine and my girlfriends anniversary to Disneyland Paris. The trip is just for 1 night, so the schedule it quite tight.

Firstly, I need help on how to tell her! We will need to wake up around 4am, to catch our 8am flight to Paris. I don't really want her to know that we are going to the airport but it's not exactly easy to say "lets go for a drive" at 4am  ;D

Secondly, that flight lands just after 10am, what is the easiest way to get to the Disneyland Hotel from Paris CDG?

Finally, which day would you think is best to go? The first day, we land at 10am, and I imagine won't get to the hotel until around 1pm which I imagine is too late. The second day, we don't need to be back at CDG until around 8pm, so I was thinking the second day would be best?

Thanks for your help!

sebi978

I'd probably do the first day, the excitement will be there, and even 1 isn't too late as the park usually closes around 10pm. Dependent on what you want to do the next day you can always just go for the morning

polar vixen

off you're staying at tge disneyland hotel you'll get tickets included for both days of your stay anyway.  I'd be sure to stay for tge parade and dreams which is on at closing,  in which case you'd only be able to see it on your first day.  also it sounds like you haven't booked it yet? .... if so it might be worth staying ay one of tge still beautiful but cheaper hotel like sequoia or Newport bay club and song on an extra night?

rocker

As for getting to DLP...Used these guys to go from CDG previously.  Nice car & driver spoke English.  Would use again.
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/taxi/paris-cdg-taxi

What day?? if you don't want to do both days then I think I'd opt for the first day.  If you're staying off site then forget your hotel & go straight to the park from CDG & if you need to, leave luggage at left luggage facility at the park (on the extreme right of all the entrances as you enter the main park). If your flight is on time your fun should probably start by 11.30 (only 90 mins after park opening) & just check in to the hotel in the evening.  I'm sure if you let them know in advance about a late check in then they shouldn't give your room to someone else!  That way you'll get to see Disney Dreams (firework/light/animation) show at park closing time. 

Also depends on what time of year.  Park closing is earlier in winter so then you might be better off doing the second day if you want to max your park hours.
check http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/monthly-park-hours/
closer to the time for opening hours

As you're only overnight, then you can pack light & probably make do with just a smallish rucksack & then just do a day in Paris before heading to CDG in the evening...or if you love DLP that much on your 1st day, go back for a second day of Disney fun  :)

stormflm595

Definitely go into the main Disneyland park to watch Dreams at least. It's such a must see and you won't get a chance on your second day if you need to be at the airport by 8.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

sleepychap

I arranged a call from Micky for my GF at 630am

It's pre recorded but fun!

billy

as you are only going for a short time i would suggest you only take hand luggage that way there is no wait for the luggage at the airport and i would then take a private shuttle. we used iris shuttle in feb the driver was waiting for us spoke excellent english and it only took about 30/40 mins to get to the park, check in was quick and easy so we were in the park for 12!
try and see if yu can get park tickets for both days as like other people have said even if you dont get in till lunch time there is still loads to see and i dont think you can do it all in one day it would be too rushed and you would miss out on soooo much!