Bags in Park amid Security Increase

Started by Holmey, August 07, 2016, 12:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmey

Morning all, Just wondering with the increased security are we still allowed to take standard ruck-sacks etc into the parks as we have always done....also how are they at taking bottles/food in these days....had differing reports off people over the last couple of months. We always stay NPB or HNY last year New York and the security there last year let both through the usual stops outside the hotel etc but had feedback that bottles have not been allowed recently....any recent experiences anyone regarding this...thanks..!

Samanthad

My last visit was mid July and we entered no problem with two huge bags (we came straight off Eurostar) and food/bottles. Of course everything was scanned but there was no problem taking food and drinks into the park or rucksacks.
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

Zee79

We returned July 30th and had no problems taking anything into the parks. Hubby had his backpack with bottles of water & juice in, it was scanned, no problems. They just scan your bags or search them, scan you with hand held or airport type scanner. We never had any issues, don't know why people are saying otherwise. All you got to remember is do not leave bags unattended or you have a security issue like when we were there & Phantom Manor was evacuated, closed & security went in. Hate to be the person who left that.

Holmey

Thanks for the replies.....We have never had any problems ourselves in all the years we've been going, usual scan etc outside New York and bag check etc on entry as always but we had 2 sets of friends who travelled in June and July and they were advised to downsize bags and told bottles not allowed. I can only assume security must have been really high on the time of their visits...perhaps it co-incided with the Unhappy events that have been unfolding in France over the past few months. Anyway good news that things havn't changed and my ruck-sack can brace itself for its usual visit.

sleepychap

We got back this week from four days at dlp

Yes security is tight with scanners and airport style security but I felt a lot safer than some of the U.K. Parks that we go to with the kids

Security are on the ball 100%

Water etc ok

Holmey

Great to hear the security is in place and working well.....thanks for replies.

DisneyGagaChick

When we went in February, we arrived at the hotel and had our luggage screened and was "wanded" upon arrival at the hotel. Security going into the parks is 1000% more tighter and safer than the security in UK attractions. Sniffer dogs around too.
Felt 100& safe during my trip.

Holmey

great news...rucksack at the ready and knowing we will be safe a huge boost....its always been good with the security checks on entry etc but the additions are good.

Karmaviolet

We were there in June, and took rucksacks with food and 4 bottles in every day.
Unless they tightened things up over the Euros?