Room only

Started by disneymagic006, July 08, 2016, 03:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneymagic006

Can you tell me if the Disney hotels do room only or not?

Looking to book for July 2017. We won't get there until late afternoon on the 1st day and unlikely to be in parks long if we did have tickets for that day (toddlers and long day travelling), thinking of just having time in pool or in the village then early night for busy day after.

Guy on phone line said they don't do it...sure I've read on here that it has been offered to people before??

It's coming out 960 for four nights, 1222 for the 5 nights we want accommodation for.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

dlpowl

Travel Republic website offer Disney hotels as a room only option but whether they will for 1 night or not I'm not sure.  Even if they did, the chances are you'd have to move rooms because I don't think Disney would be able to link your booking with them with your external booking, although I'm not 100% sure.

I totally understand why you don't want your arrival day to be your first day with Disney because it feels like such a waste.  We always stay in another hotel outside of Disney on our arrival day so that we are ready to go early on the first official day.  We stayed in the Magic Circus last time which was wonderful, we really enjoyed it, but it's a bit pricey, about £130 I think we paid.  For our next trip we have booked into the F1 hotel in Meaux.  It was about £40 for the night and there's plenty of places to eat nearby, it's on a retail park type thing so there's Pizza Hut and other places like that.  Then we will go to our Disney hotel about 7.30am the next morning, get our park tickets and off we go!

samuelvictor

Yes the Disney hotels and partner hotels are all available "room only" via websites like Expedia etc... (subject to availability, they only have limited spaces). You can't book them "room only" from Disney directly.

juttawdw

We could book a room only the night before our stay after we booked our stay, with a 50% room discount but it is still expensive.

littlebitofpixiedust

Ring DLP and ask to book French offer and then get a price for room only we did this and saved a lot

disneymagic006

Thanks for the tips. Travel Republic and Expedia are costing nearly as much for room only as Disney are charging for the extra night with tickets!

The F1 hotel sounds great, we would do that too I think if we were driving but will be arriving via Eurostar this time. Will keep that in mind for in future though.

Kyriad is coming out okay price for 1 night but I don't think it has a pool? Not sure about the shuttle bus service either, what time do they start? Would like to be in EMH on next morning. Would prefer being in Disney hotel for whole stay though. May just be me but it's part of the magic.

So if I book the 4 days st sequoia lodge through UK site (2 days 2 nights free), I can then add an extra night at discount cost over phone room only?

Are the room only offers only through the french call centre then? If so do I pay in Euros?

Do you think we would be asked to change rooms if booked it separate? Or maybe would depend on reception staff on check in?

Sorry for so many questions. Appreciate all your expertise. Only done straightforward booking before.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: disneymagic006 on July 10, 2016, 05:51:50 AM
Thanks for the tips. Travel Republic and Expedia are costing nearly as much for room only as Disney are charging for the extra night with tickets!

The F1 hotel sounds great, we would do that too I think if we were driving but will be arriving via Eurostar this time. Will keep that in mind for in future though.

Kyriad is coming out okay price for 1 night but I don't think it has a pool? Not sure about the shuttle bus service either, what time do they start? Would like to be in EMH on next morning. Would prefer being in Disney hotel for whole stay though. May just be me but it's part of the magic.

You have many questions the best advice I can give is to ring Disneyland Paris themselves they're very helpful from my experience, if you book through the French offer you do pay in euros yes I've done this on two occasions now without an issue.

If you book UK offer and then after call to book a room only you most probably will have to change rooms. When I booked the French offer and added a room only night they linked them both together but I did this at the time of booking on the phone so I don't have to change rooms.

Call DLP explain to them what you'd like to do and see what the quote is
So if I book the 4 days st sequoia lodge through UK site (2 days 2 nights free), I can then add an extra night at discount cost over phone room only?

Are the room only offers only through the french call centre then? If so do I pay in Euros?

Do you think we would be asked to change rooms if booked it separate? Or maybe would depend on reception staff on check in?

Sorry for so many questions. Appreciate all your expertise. Only done straightforward booking before.