Beauty and the Beast attraction

Started by Rocketeer, May 25, 2016, 09:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

The OLC has announced a Beauty and the Beast for Tokyo Disneyland. From the concept art, it appears to be a trackless attraction similar to Remy L'adventure or Mystic Manor (HKDL).

My question is, would you like to see it cloned for Paris, or should they have something unique to the park?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

A Beauty and the Beast ride would be a great addition to Disneyland Park. I wouldn't mind a Tokyo clone as long as it was executed successfully.

mickey1980

Would definitely be cool. The only problem I have with this is, that Beauty and the beast only fits in Fantasyland. I think Frontierland and Adventureland are in more desperate need of a new attraction.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

polar vixen

I have to agree on that one frontier land especially

MickeyAteMyCap

I'd rather see a ride based on the 2016 Jungle Book. It could make a great outdoor water ride, with Bare Necessities playing as you journey across some water in a Baloo-shaped boat.

polar vixen

would be brilliant although it may run into the same problem as English theme parks have and only really be suitable for summery months. ?....but I love the idea!

Zee79

Love the idea! I would still use it in the winter, just the same as getting rained on haha They could always put some of those large dryer things in the park & if staying onsite you could always pop back to get changed if too wet. I often pack a spare pair of trousers into my bag if I  know I will be going on a water ride.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: polar vixen on May 26, 2016, 11:49:31 AM
would be brilliant although it may run into the same problem as English theme parks have and only really be suitable for summery months. ?....but I love the idea!
Thanks.  :)

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Zee79 on May 26, 2016, 12:03:56 PM
Love the idea! I would still use it in the winter, just the same as getting rained on haha They could always put some of those large dryer things in the park & if staying onsite you could always pop back to get changed if too wet. I often pack a spare pair of trousers into my bag if I  know I will be going on a water ride.
I think water rides should have some sort of roof that can be put over them in bad weather, although I don't know how it would work.

samuelvictor

I'm surprised that there isn't much Beauty & the Beast stuff in DLP already, what with it being, you know, set in France - as opposed to Peter Pan (England), Snow White (Germany), Pinocchio (Italy) etc. Similarly there's not much Hunchback of Notre Dame either...

princesspiggy

Quote from: samuelvictor on May 27, 2016, 01:44:56 AM
I'm surprised that there isn't much Beauty & the Beast stuff in DLP already, what with it being, you know, set in France

I wondered this myself many times aswell... How can it be that one of the most celebrated animated movies (if not THE most celebrated of all) hasn't an attraction in the theme park that shares the same location with the movie... I mean, Beauty & Beast is the only animated movie ever that was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture!

I read that when they started Disneyland Paris, the builders didn't want a realistic castle as centerpiece because Europe has many real castles, so they went for a more fairytale looking castle. So we got the most beautiful and most imaginative Disney castle, our beloved Sleeping Beauty-chateau.

Maybe the people behind Disneyland Paris still believe that people who visit the resort don't want to see a representation of Paris in the theme park (if the real Paris is a few miles ahead)? But since they build a Ratatouille-area in the Studios, I hope things are changing.

Let Disneyland Paris put the French characters in the spotlights and the stories of French origin. Beauty & the Beast, Ratatouille, The Aristocats, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Cinderella, The Three Musketeers,... I'd love to see a few of these characters as the characters to promote the 25th birthday of the resort.

But however, I believe it's definitely time for Disneyland Paris to give Beauty & the Beast an attraction. It could give the main gate the new attraction it needs, it would be the right time with the Beauty & the Beast live action movie coming in 2017 (the same year as the 25th birthday of Disneyland Paris), and there isn't a Disney park where Belle & the Beast would be more fitting then in Paris (and they already have a place in the Magic Kingdom in Florida, and they are building a beauty & Beast area in Tokyo).

irishbhoy1888

Na, I'm going with more attractions in Frontierland and Adventureland areas first,  A splash mountain in Frontierland and indy adventure in adventure land.   :)

Rocketeer

Thinking about it, I'm not sure that the Tokyo attraction would even fit in the Paris Beauty and the Beast expansion pad in Fantasyland.

Here's a question though, both are dark rides, but which would you rather see in Fantasyland?

Beauty and the Beast (trackless)
or
Frozen Ever After (indoor boat)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Beauty and the Beast. I couldn't care less about a Frozen ride.

samuelvictor

I am more interested in Beauty & the Beast over Frozen, however I do love boat based rides, so either would be awesome  8)