Best places to eat?

Started by disneydreamcatcher, May 24, 2016, 07:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneydreamcatcher

What restaurants are the best places to eat at during june?

Something that will cater for teenagers, parents and an 8year old!

Let me know!! 8)

bad-pink-tink

Counter Service or Table Service or Buffet??
Characters or no Characters??
Hotels or Main Park or Studios or Disney Village??
Lunch or Evening Meal??
Style of Food??
Budget - Meal Plan or Pay As You Eat??

Everyone will tell you different places as everyone has different tastes in food
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

littlebitofpixiedust

To be honest it's really a personal preference of what type of food you all like? As a family we prefer table service to buffets with the exception to Inventions buffet in the Disneyland hotel. It's very calm, good selection and the characters come to your table

Cafe mickey/Auberge are also character dining experiences the food at auberge wouldn't suit our family so we've never gone. Cafe mickey is good but very loud and my son prefers Inventions but it's more expensive.

We mainly eat in Disney village- usually rainforest cafe, Planet Hollywood, King Ludwigs. Annette's diner is really good and loved by many but we always find a long wait on our visits.

Bistro chez remy in the studios is great but limited menu and my son ate nothing. All the adults loved the food, the theming and atmosphere is fantastic!

If you like steak and that sort of thing Silver spur steakhouse in the main park (frontier land) is very good we tried it for the first time recently and the main and dessert was brilliant, the theming here is also very immersive.

There are a number of quick-service places too and one to consider is the lucky nugget saloon they're introducing a new puppet show while you eat, we are going to try this next time I've heard good things about the food and it's not too expensive either.

disneydreamcatcher

I heard plaza gardens is a great place for everyone to eat! Any reviews?

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: disneydreamcatcher on May 24, 2016, 10:50:03 PM
I heard plaza gardens is a great place for everyone to eat! Any reviews?

Plaza Gardens is one of the more busier buffets. People go there as it on the meal plans. Personally I avoid it, as it tends to be really busy with lots of families and kids running around. I would go to Restaurant des Stars in The Studios instead, smaller and if you go at an off time, alot nicer dining experience.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

polar vixen

I disagree on that one.  plaza gardens i's busier but the surroundings are much more lovely.  abd the good options are generally better and more plentiful.  the buffet in the studios feels more like a cafeteria to me.  Billy Bob's is a good buffet too.

polar vixen

in fact we usually go to plaza gardens twice- on arrival and departure days because wr know we're always going to enjoy it

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: polar vixen on May 25, 2016, 12:09:29 AM
I disagree on that one.  plaza gardens i's busier but the surroundings are much more lovely.  abd the good options are generally better and more plentiful.  the buffet in the studios feels more like a cafeteria to me.  Billy Bob's is a good buffet too.

I agree it's always been busy and chaotic when we've been to plaza gardens. However I can't fault the food, it's a good buffet and nice location and setting the one just to get food last time was so long we didn't have seconds we just left. Guessing if you went earlier or of peak it may be better

jacmurphy

Plaza gardens is my favourite place to dine. Yes its busy to get in but once seated its fine. Restaurant de stars is my daughters favourite. Inventions has a great food choice plus you have the characters which is great for the kids.
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

Ohana

I got advised that Plaza Gardens was busy and to try a RDS in the studios however because we wanted to eat our buffet in the evening RDS wasn't do-able and so we booked PG. it was pretty busy but the food was so nice! And the layout of it... It's just really lovely :) I also loved the food at Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood but found the service to be quite shoddy - maybe it was just a one off?

My favourite of all of the places to eat was Cafe Hyperion, I loved the Dark Vador burger and the chocolate muffin was amazing. It's a huge place with so many places to sit, and the Star Wars theming makes it even better :D
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Samninetysix

Quote from: polar vixen on May 25, 2016, 12:09:29 AM

I agree with this one on both buffets :)

ZoeG

Plaza Gardens is great and they have an awesome selection. We went and got seated right away just prior to the parade, and I went out to watch it passing with my 4 YO. It got REALLY busy after that so I'd say avoid it from 5.30-6.30 if you dont like it too busy. They have a huge selection of differing foods, and free refils, the staff are very efficient at clearing tables and bringing more drinks over.

The other highlights for us were the Rainforest Cafe, the setting really appeals to the younger kids and us adults too!! Plus I did find the food really good. If you are looking for something inexpensive Earl of Sandwich is fab and you can sit outside and look over the Disney lake.

Another thing to consider is the Buffalo Bills Wild West Show. We went on our last night and got an excellent meal. The show was really good fun. It was a great way to finish off the holiday, and I am going to do the same again when we go in August! Try to get there earlier for the better seats!

daddyof2

Just to offer another opinion - we weren't that impressed with plaza gardens the one time we tried it. Nothing was particularly bad, just not that great.

grovesie

We always have a few visits to King Ludwigs. Never had a bad meal there yet. Start off with the happy hour before moving through to our table

MrsRoachy

Quote from: grovesie on June 08, 2016, 06:46:57 PM
We always have a few visits to King Ludwigs. Never had a bad meal there yet. Start off with the happy hour before moving through to our table

What and when's the happy hour? We had a reservation here on our last visit but didn't use it as the kids wanted to go to the Rainforest Cafe (which was lovely)