Best partner hotel/off site hotel

Started by lindavdende, May 15, 2016, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindavdende

We are looking for a budget partner hotel or offsite hotel for september. We only use the hotel for sleep and breakfast. The rest of the time we will be away

dag1986

My last two visits i've been staying at the kyriad hotel.
Booked via booking.com, an amazing fare of 50€ per night.
Rooms are cozy, breakfast is better than the budget Disney hotels (Cheyenne, SantaFe) and the shuttle bus is free and passes every 15/20 minutes, and it takes about 10 minutes to get to the parks.
A bit far compared to the other partner hotels, I don't think it's feasible to walk from the park to the hotel (expecially after a long day!).
Unfortunately I don't have any other experiences, but I heard good things about the B&B hotel.
Hope I was helpful! ;D
DLP Visits:
June 2006 - Magic Circus Hotel;
January 2013 - Cheyenne Hotel;
January 2014 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
January 2015 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
December 2015 - Kyriad Hotel;
February 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
November 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
Coming next:
November 2017 - Vienna House Dream Castle...
and counting...

marf91

I have stayed at both the Kyriad and Magic Circus and had enjoyable stays at both. The Kyriad was significantly cheaper when I went and if you intend on just sleeping and eating breakfast there then I would highly recommend it. Magic Circus definitely had a bit more to offer in terms of decor and atmosphere but I think it comes down to preference.

The only thing I would say is to ask for a room away from elevators as I was on one occasion in a room at the Kyriad and kept up late by the elevators moving. However Disney were very profession about it and moved me to a different room.
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

samuelvictor

We've stayed in the Adagio Aparthotel, which is pretty reasonable, and the longer you stay, the cheaper it becomes. The location is absolutely perfect, right by the entrance of Val D'Europe, and with free shuttle buses or an easy walk to Disney Village. The appartment is decent and has everything you could possibly need. There is also a swimming pool, but its small and quite often busy.

We have also stayed in the Explorer's hotel, and absolutely loved it. The theming is fantastic and the pool and breakfast were excellent. We got a real bargain of about £65 a night :)

lindavdende

We wanted to book the b&b hotel but needed a credit card for that. We dont have one.
So we had to choose between explorers (we stayed there the last two times) and kyriad (we stayed there once as well). Kyriad was cheaper so we booked that hotel for two night, two adults, incl breakfast for €146
Now we have to count down till september ;)

samuelvictor

Awesome, I'm sure you'll have a great time :D

dag1986

Kyriad is always a good choice, now's the hard part, the wait!

May I ask how did You book it? Because compared to my experience it's quite expansive...I booked using trivago.com (it compares several booking sites and finds the cheapest). Of course we got the annual passports then.
DLP Visits:
Coming next:
and counting...

lindavdende

Through gravel agency. But trivago was only €1,50 cheaper and we needed a credit card to book. And we dont have one. I think its cheap.....two nights, two adults, incl breakfast.
Only B&B was cheaper on trivago (€14 cheaper) but we had the credit card problem

lindavdende

So i just checked trivago again and this time i got a deal through expedia. And on that site you dont need a credit card (you do for bookings.com). So now looking into the deal for B&B for €117
Have to cancel the other booking then though

dag1986

It all depends on if you have to pay to cancel a previous booking. Otherwise, I guess B&B it's just as good...30 euros saved to spend on site!
DLP Visits:
Coming next:
and counting...

lindavdende

No cancelling is free if you do it within 6 days and i booked last night. So that should be fine. Now got to get a hold of my mom (who is going with me) to check if she wants to change