Return of past parades for 25th?

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, March 23, 2016, 12:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyAteMyCap

Do you think they might bring back the nighttime parade and Stars N' Their Cars for the 25th anniversary?

Walt Disney Studios certainly needs a parade again in time for the 25th.

DLPWonders (Banned)

We get a new daytime parade. Thats it.
Old parades won't return, nor will we get a new nighttime parade.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

rebecca20

I loved the night time parade - it was one of my fondest childhood memories. Dare I say it - I'm not a huge fan of dreams either :o

I hope they at least do something in the Studios it felt really empty without Stars in Cars or alternative character entertainment .
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

NCC1701Q

I agree, the Studios could use some kind of parade and I loved the idea of Stars 'n' Cars.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 23, 2016, 12:35:50 PM
We get a new daytime parade. Thats it.
Old parades won't return, nor will we get a new nighttime parade.
It would be a shame if there's only a new daytime parade, especially for the 25th. I'm hoping they have some really special plans up their sleeve.

sunshine1

I love the music if Disneys ' Magic on Parade'.
Will the new parade come in before next April?
Would like to see this parade one more time before it goes.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 23, 2016, 03:19:12 PM
It would be a shame if there's only a new daytime parade, especially for the 25th. I'm hoping they have some really special plans up their sleeve.

People's expectations are too high "because it's the 25th".
We get a new daytime parade, and that's it. Period.
The gigantic refurbs are the rest of the 25th celebrations.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 24, 2016, 10:05:40 AM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 23, 2016, 03:19:12 PM

People's expectations are too high "because it's the 25th".
We get a new daytime parade, and that's it. Period.
The gigantic refurbs are the rest of the 25th celebrations.
I really hope you're wrong because that would be rubbish for such a major landmark celebration. At the very least, they should redecorate Minnie's Spring Train for 25 years and have it running all year, redecorate the current Disney Dreams parade for 25 years, add bulbs to costumed characters and have a half-parade of them walking around at night with their costumes lit up and bring back Stars N Their Cars at Walt Disney Studios. Anything less than that is just lazy IMO.

DLPWonders (Banned)

So basically you want the 20th anniversary again....

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 24, 2016, 11:14:34 AM
I don't know what they did for 20th.

rebecca20

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 24, 2016, 11:14:34 AM

I'm not saying I want the 20th again but I do want as much to happen for the 25th. If you look on the website it says it's going to be bigger than ever. Refurbs only mean its the same as ever but a bit prettier! Also with the Disney takeover you can't help but look at the other parks' anniversary and how amazing they are, I know I am certainly going to be comparing it to Californias recent anniversary which was amazing. So it would be a huge shame for DLP to do less than previous anniversaries for it's 25th anniversary i.e. just the parade. (I know it will have spent more money on refurbs but people aren't necessarily going to notice that).

I can't help but think with all of the hype there has to be more planned that Disney aren't telling us about.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

dazzle_v2003

I think the 25th Anniversary will be a big celebration for DLP but not as big as other resorts celebrations. A brand new parade we know is happening which I suspect will take up a lot of the budget. I think we could have a brand new permanent show and I hope Forest of Enchantment will return but remain all year around too. Maybe a new Castle Projection fountain show before Dreams too.

I wouldn't hold out for a night time parade too. I would be very surprised if DLP can afford two brand new parades in the same year.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on March 25, 2016, 07:10:47 PM
I think the 25th Anniversary will be a big celebration for DLP but not as big as other resorts celebrations. A brand new parade we know is happening which I suspect will take up a lot of the budget. I think we could have a brand new permanent show and I hope Forest of Enchantment will return but remain all year around too. Maybe a new Castle Projection fountain show before Dreams too.

I wouldn't hold out for a night time parade too. I would be very surprised if DLP can afford two brand new parades in the same year.
I think a Castle Projection fountain show would make up for a lack of a nighttime parade; there just needs to be something as well as (probably) a 25th anniversary land train parade and Dreams. There'd still need to be a parade or celebration of some sort in Walt Disney Studios though IMO.

A permanent show absolutely needs to happen. If there's Forest of Enchantment, another show and Mickey And The Magician as permanent shows that would at least be something but I'd still prefer one other show  as well as Forest and a new one in Disneyland Paris to make it more like the park was back when I went there in 2007 (it was magical when you could go to three shows in the main park - Legend of the Lion King, Tarzan and Winnie The Pooh - in addition to the parades).

dazzle_v2003

Yeah a few new pieces of entertainment would be an amazing addition as well as the return of Forest full time, Dreams, Mickey and the Magician, 25th Anniversary Train and a new Magic Kingdom Parade.
We need a new theatre built now though as we technically have run out of stages. I would love the puppet shows to stay at The Lucky Nugget Saloon too.

In regards to WDS I've found out recently rumour is the reason the parades had to be cancelled in WDS is because of health and Safety rules that have come in which meant the park was not able to be evacuated quick enough in an emergency when the parade was on as the park become blocked. If this is true then we won't have any parade of any sorts at WDS until DLP sort this problem out.

Ohana

Why do some people have such rude mannerisms on here? We're allowed to want more parades, regardless of whether there'll be any or not  ::) it's fun to speculate. And the studios should definitely get some kind of parade... I'm quite controversial and don't feel particularly amazed by Magic on Parade and both times I've been I only watched it once - it's a good crowd snatcher from the studios so you can get loads of rides done as walk ons! But I definitely think an extra parade or something would be fab :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel