French site to book hols

Started by Dboo27, January 25, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dboo27

Hey guys, just looking to book a trip to Disneyland Paris for 2 adults and 3 kids to Davy Crockett in Feb and noticed the price difference in the UK site and French site ( about 150 pounds). Does anyone know if its possible to book via the French site?
Thanks in advance

msRavenswood

You can book on any site you want to, no matter where you live. Just fill in your address and leave the country of residence as it is because it can't be changed.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Dboo27 on January 25, 2016, 06:07:27 PM
Hey guys, just looking to book a trip to Disneyland Paris for 2 adults and 3 kids to Davy Crockett in Feb and noticed the price difference in the UK site and French site ( about 150 pounds). Does anyone know if its possible to book via the French site?
Thanks in advance

Yes! We've done this for the first time ever for our recent December visit booked last minuite through the French offer I rang Disneyland Paris and said I want to book the french crossover offer and the lady replied "yes of course" we got the exact price quoted when I priced up on website but we paid Over the phone. The confirmation was of course in French we had no problems at all. You can save a fortune, really! However it changes often and sometimes the UK site and others can be cheaper as thy have different offers all the time. Have a magical time when you visit!

stifle

Don't forget you will probably need to pay in Euro and your bank may charge a surcharge for that; these charges can be quite steep so do factor that in.

haribosmum

I keep seeing the German offer mentioned at the moment so may be worth checking that one too?  We have a credit card that has free international transactions (i.e no charge for buying in euros) so always keep that one for holidays and things like this.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

01wdw04

Definitely possible.

I booked via the Dutch site for my trip at the start of Jan. Everything worked fine and I saved over a hundred pounds, with free half-board on top.

Only down side was that all the documentation was in Dutch! I ended up booking my manly self as a "Miss" and my girlfriend as a "Mrs". No awkward questions!  ;D
DLP - 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2012 x2, 2013
WDW - 2001, 2004
Tokyo - 20?? (tbc)

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: 01wdw04 on January 28, 2016, 11:11:48 PM
Only down side was that all the documentation was in Dutch! I ended up booking my manly self as a "Miss" and my girlfriend as a "Mrs". No awkward questions!  ;D

I booked on the French site and somehow ended up as Mrs even though I am Miss lol  :D  seems to be a common mishap!!!
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

stifle

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on January 28, 2016, 11:16:33 PM
Quote from: 01wdw04 on January 28, 2016, 11:11:48 PM

I booked on the French site and somehow ended up as Mrs even though I am Miss lol  :D  seems to be a common mishap!!!
In French it's usual to call all adult females "Madame" irrespective of marriage status so I would translate it as Ms.; however, traditionally they translate Madame to Mrs. and Mademoiselle (used normally for female children) to Miss.

Slimy yet satisfying

Can I be cheeky and ask what credit card you used? We use booking.com regularly for hotel bookings world wide and have always ended up with a foreign transaction fee. Sometimes it can be quite high.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

haribosmum

We've got a nationwide credit card fee that has no foregin transaction charge, I believe the Halifax clarity card also does this.    are you UK based? moneysavingexpert website gives good advice on the latest cards for this.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

stifle

The following cards all charge no foreign transaction fee or exchange spread:

Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards (American Express/MasterCard credit card, annual fee applies)
Halifax Clarity (MasterCard credit card)
Metro Bank (MasterCard debit or credit card, no fee)
Norwich & Peterborough Building Society (Visa debit card, monthly fee may apply)

There may be others out there.

Dboo27

Thanks all for the information, massive help, just can't believe how Disney can charge different prices on different websites wrong really.
Just had a look and the German site are offering free half board for around the same price, but is standard. Does anyone know if this can be upgraded to HB plus

stifle

Well if they were banned from charging different prices on different sites they'd just charge everyone the highest price surely.

You can get half board plus free if you choose to stay in the Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay Club, or Hotel New York.

Mrsya

I'm a big price comparer and have booked through the German, Austrian and French sites. I call up the uk reservation number though and ask to book via a 'crossover offer'. Under European consumer law you can have any of the European prices and it's always worth checking which country is offering free half board at the time of booking. Currently Germany/Austria last time I checked. We saved £411 the first time and over £250 last time.

Dboo27

Thanks again guys, just checked prices via Austria site offers half board free (but it standard) for 1078 euro. French site is 1120 Euros but don't offer half board but that price is with half board plus. The French site would be better wouldnt it? Or is there a way you can upgrade the Austria site to plus half board? Cant see an option online.