Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura678

Hello!

Has anyone been invited to the recruitment session in Dublin next month? Got my email last night! I'm so excited!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

sjsmith1992

Hey did anyone else get into the talent pool from the Dublin recruitment session? I am so excited but dunno when to expect a contract so its slightly scary still :P

Laura678

I got into the talent pool from the Dublin session!! So excited!!!!  :) ;D
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Nicodemus1111

Has anyone received a contract for February yet. I am in the talent pool and I hope to be starting in February but it seems to be getting pretty close to the deadline for hearing something. Just wondered if I was alone in this waiting game.

Also, so stoked I found this forum. I LOOOVE Disney as I'm sure we all do  :D

Disney_Klara

Hi Guys!

I was on this forum about this time last year looking for advice and I am happy to say although I only posted a couple of times I have kept up with the reading! I'm now in my last year of sixth form, I am sending my application off (for a service et maitenance role) and hoping for a summer 2014 contract or one for my gap year! I do have a problem though as this would be my first job and I have no idea how to write a cover letter or what Disney would want in it. The CV is fine - my dad has helped me with this, but neither of us have any idea what Disney want to see in a cover letter. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

GeoffD

Make sure you show you show that you like Disney, but maybe not too much! But also, specify what you are looking for.  If you want to do an attraction, tell them.  They prefer actual choices by you other than 'Please let me have a job at Disneyland'. 

But most of all, good luck.  I'm sure you'll be fine  :)

Disney_Klara

Quote from: TownSquare on January 05, 2014, 09:31:23 PM
Make sure you show you show that you like Disney, but maybe not too much! But also, specify what you are looking for.  If you want to do an attraction, tell them.  They prefer actual choices by you other than 'Please let me have a job at Disneyland'. 

But most of all, good luck.  I'm sure you'll be fine  :)

Thanks so much for the advice TownSquare! It was really helpful!!! I also found this when I was scouring the internet for ideas - it may be useful for anyone else who is stuck when it comes to the cover letter!
http://careers.disneylandparis.com/candidates/coaching.php?c_lang=_en

Also, just one more question... Hopefully :L Who am I supposed to address this too? Because 'Dear Hiring Manager' doesn't seem very Disney if that makes sense :P

lauz94

Hey Guys :)
Has anybody received an email back yet with regard to recruitment days/interviews in Dublin in March?

Disney_Klara

Hi Guys!

I applied for the recruitment days in London in March 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to look at your application, because the website says they'll let you know if you have an interview within 3 weeks of applying? Should I just give up after 2 weeks of waiting or is there still a chance that I'll get an interview?

Laura678

Quote from: Disney_Klara on February 09, 2014, 01:08:24 PM
Hi Guys!

I applied for the recruitment days in London in March 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to look at your application, because the website says they'll let you know if you have an interview within 3 weeks of applying? Should I just give up after 2 weeks of waiting or is there still a chance that I'll get an interview?

As far as I can remember it was 2momths after I applied before I was contacted! I had lost hope and then one evening I got an email and was delighted! Don't worry if after three weeks you still haven't heard anything

Disney_Klara

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick questions, has anyone ever been able to get hold of the recruitment team from either the casting phone number on the website or by going through the switchboard? I have been phoning all day to try to get some feedback on my application because it's been nearly 4 weeks. I have spent at least 2 hours today on hold. It seems as if they almost don't want to answer the phone or answer any emails. Any advice, because I really would like to speak to someone but they don't seem to want to speak to me :L

Thanks,

Klara

Disney_Klara

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I did manage to get through to Casting today! For some reason they are more likely to pick up the phone before lunch than after lunch. The woman I spoke to  said that they haven't sent out any replied yet for the London sessions because they haven't got the dates yet so there is still hope! She also told me to re activate my application but wasn't good at explaining how to do this - anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Klara

lauz94

Hi Guys,

Just got an email inviting me to the recruitment session in Dublin in March!
Just wondering how many people generally attend these sessions, and what format do they take?

Thanks in advance! :)

Laura678

Quote from: lauz94 on February 23, 2014, 07:37:08 PM
Hi Guys,

Just got an email inviting me to the recruitment session in Dublin in March!
Just wondering how many people generally attend these sessions, and what format do they take?

Thanks in advance! :)

I attended the November session. There was about 40 people at it. We met in a room where 2 recruiters talked about working with DLP and the types of contracts offered, accommodation, wage, benefits etc
Then in a second room we went in in pairs for a 2 on 1 interview - 2 candidates 1 recruiter.

Your interview lasts for about 15 minutes and then its over! However with 40 odd people to interview there is a lot of sitting around waiting and it is up to yourselves to pair up and go to the second room. My advice would be pair up quickly and then try get into the next room asap! Best of luck!

Laura678

I got offered a contract yesterday and I will start working on March 29th! I will be in a table service restaurant until August 30th! I cant believe it! Im still in shock!