Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

needmagic

Greetings from in-side the magic...

if you are thinking of auditions for dlrp here are some tips/facts

you can contact casting on-line you will need c.v. letter current photo and be over age of 18yrs thay will email you when audition dates are due..

fact: london or leeds uk auditions you will have to pay your own travel costs

fact: there will be many people from 100 upwards

fact: you will be told about dlrp charactor/parade

fact: there are three stages

fact: if you make it you will be asked for call back in afternoon

now for the none facts that you are not told on the day of audition

you will not be told how many contracts there is or what there looking for
you will not be told that you have to pay for travel to disney and you will need money for housing deposit and cart orange which is bus travel until you get contract : eurostar £100 housing £170 cart orange £32

you will not be told which disney housing you will be in untill you get there
you will not be told that you will have to share appartments with other castmember and it could be from sharing with 2 and up to 6 people.

when you start you will have 45 days start period within that time you can leave if its not for you but please note! thay can send you home if your not what thay want or you break the rules and you will not know until the last minute if you will be staying or not..

there are 2 forms of contract cdi short term / cdd long term

if you pass all this well done and enjoy the magic and have fun
Living The Dream Making The Magic

speedpacket

Confused as to why you posted this?
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

needmagic

so that people know a little more info about casting at dlrp before audition

just stuff never told before so people know what to expect...

Owain

Hey needmagic, just wondering do you no anything about ride operators?

If you do could you make a new topic about it ! Thanks  :)

speedpacket

Quote from: "needmagic"Greetings from in-side the magic...

so that people know a little more info about casting at dlrp before audition

just stuff never told before so people know what to expect...
OKAy - but for somea reason it came to me as ifyou wer eprety unhappy with how they didn't tell stuff upfront, making Disney seem like a bad company to work for, which for some reason I might just understand...

I just didn't realy get why it was posted here like that...

Other than that - the info probably is most welcomed by people that are in fact interested in it :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

GeoffD

so where's the Disney housing (sorry if it's obvious). You know how far from the Resort.

babybert

Just a little correction, cdi is the long term contract and cdd is the date to date contract! sorry for bein predantic!!

needmagic

thank you babybert for the correction sorry to all...

just wanted to help others in a way i can about auditions there is so many things your not told which you have to find out yourself which can be a shock if your new..castmembers are very helpfull in the parade dept but somethings you have to find out the hard way so thats why i put this topic down and more info will follow soon..so keep watching

but most of all enjoy the magic..

GeoffD

what about Ride staff etc. do they have to audition for the parts or is it just a normal interview etc.

needmagic

the attractions casting is a lot differnt from charactor/parade..

firstly to apply for attractions there is no auditions just an interview but to pass you need to speak differnt lang eg: french english but bonus is you speak more.also you work more for your pay..

charactor/parade it dont matter if you only speak english as you can learn when your there its a bonus for yourself if you do know french also in the parade you work 35hrs a week 2 days off 8hrs per day but you only physically work between 3/4 hrs a day but get paid for the full 8hrs..

on attractions you can work between 8/10hrs a day 3days off but you only get two 15mins and 1hrs lunch and is very hard work ..(summer )

more to follow  ...remember smiling is most important but fun too

needmagic

Quote from: "doddy13"so where's the Disney housing (sorry if it's obvious). You know how far from the Resort.

greetings from in-side the magic...

there are 3 disney residance for castmembers..
you can take the rer train to val d'europe to get to one of them but most get the bus from the parc peps number 34 service it will take you to all three but first one is

La Boiserie 10mins on bus
La Louisiane 15mins on bus
Les Pléiades 20/25mins from disney but 5mins on the train then you can walk 10mins til you get there..

hope this helps....more info to follow

all disney residance have 24hrs security

Kristof

Corrected the names of the residences.

disney_dudette

Hey needmagic!

Thanks for everything so far...
I want to work at Disney but I'm too yunge if you have to be 18+,

When you said about the rules... Please could you tell me what the rules are there?
I wish to be prepeared for If I get the chance to go and work...
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

needmagic

you have to be 18yrs or over to work at dlrp..the rules

if you get a contract you have 45 days period where you can leave if its not for you or be sent home from disney becouse ! the thing to know is dont break the rules and you wil be fine E.G.

dont be late for work
always be on set on time
change shifts if your asked
help other castmembers new and old ( team work )
smile is very important and h.a.p.p.y.
talk to other castmembers dont be shy we all started like this
never leave any costume in changing room as you will be found out as its on your i.d  ( return everything after your shift )

when in full veiw of the guests 100% disney
you can play and have fun but always remember the rules....

most of all enjoy yourself and have fun

hope this as help you

Nicholas-c

wow nice, insider info... when im 18 im going to be doing uni course + working at alton towers theme park as ride op + learning french im hoping these would get me a job as ride op at disney ? would this level of education / skill get me a job at disney ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone