Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyMouse11

Hi folks!
I've received an email for working as Operateur Animateur D'Attraction from June till Sep 30th. But can't do it cos my last exam has changed -_- so uncool! As now I'm only free from 22nd June till 15th Sep. -_-
I emailed them back explaining and they said they'd check for something for the dates I'm available, but that was like 3 weeks ago. And if they don't have anything for me, I need to know so I can look for other work during the summer.
What should I do? Email the same person who emailed me about the first offer, or should I wait?
Some advice would be very much appreciated! thanks guys! and congrats to everyone who's got contracts for the summer! and hopefully might meet some of you if things go well! FINGERS CROSSED!!!
I Do Believe In Fairies <3

DisneyHolli

Helloooooooooo! Once again: Thank you so much, I''m will be doing my best to fulfill the job!
I was on the waiting list as a character/performer/show member, I had little black out/mess up in the dance round, so I only went through character (But, I'll be giving everything to do in the future both!). My heigh is 1.59/60cm/5'2! And was on the waiting list for 2 months! My arrival date is 14 June and I''ll be starting at the 16th June! :D xxxx[/quote]

omg amazing !! there is still hope for me ! what audition did you pass at ? so you were not on the waiting list as a parade performer? im 5.6 .. soo its a little different ! x your a lovely tiny height! good luck you again ! im a little jealous i have to say !  hopefully i get my call !

laurina

Hey guys,

I didn't wrote yet but I wanted to say thank you!

You really helped me a lot. I had my audition yesterday for Disneyland Paris and it was really good.
Nothing fix now but I can hope :)
You guys really helped me to calm down and everything!

Thank you so much

Love

ilovedisney123

Hi guys, I'm going out on the 15th to Disneyland Paris, and my contract is until the 30th September. Definitely think a Facebook group should be made for everyone who has a summer contract!!

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "ilovedisney123"Hi guys, I'm going out on the 15th to Disneyland Paris, and my contract is until the 30th September. Definitely think a Facebook group should be made for everyone who has a summer contract!!

When is your start date? 16 or 17 June?
So nobody is going on the 14th June OR/AND start date 16th June? *lonely* :(
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "DisneyHolli"Helloooooooooo! Once again: Thank you so much, I''m will be doing my best to fulfill the job!
I was on the waiting list as a character/performer/show member, I had little black out/mess up in the dance round, so I only went through character (But, I'll be giving everything to do in the future both!). My heigh is 1.59/60cm/5'2! And was on the waiting list for 2 months! My arrival date is 14 June and I''ll be starting at the 16th June! :D xxxx

omg amazing !! there is still hope for me ! what audition did you pass at ? so you were not on the waiting list as a parade performer? im 5.6 .. soo its a little different ! x your a lovely tiny height! good luck you again ! im a little jealous i have to say !  hopefully i get my call ![/quote]

Just the normal audition with the dance +animation part, my contract is character performer but I'm not going to dance on parades yet I think just because I mess up in the audition and had not enough points I guess.. so I'm character only now! I'll give everything to do both haha, but I really love animation, so I can't wait!! (Still a little nervous, 2 weeks till the big dream and I need to do so muchhhhh)

Anyway, thank you so much! I hope I see you soon in paris, just wait for it and hopefully you get a call!  :D  xxxx
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

ilovedisney123

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"
Quote from: "ilovedisney123"Hi guys, I'm going out on the 15th to Disneyland Paris, and my contract is until the 30th September. Definitely think a Facebook group should be made for everyone who has a summer contract!!

Start date is the 16th June :)

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "ilovedisney123"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"

Start date is the 16th June :)

Me too!  :mrgreen:

Cendrillon

Did anyone else just get an email from Casting listing all possible dates for contracts in the upcoming year and asking them to confirm which dates they're available for? I picked Christmas and short-term summer... I guess now the waiting game starts again! Is this a new system, do you think? If so, I definitely think it's an improvement to pick dates like this rather than giving a vague indication of months that you are available!

And to everyone going out in the next month... have a blast, and spread that Disney magic!

MickeyMouse11

Quote from: "Cendrillon"Just got an email from Casting listing all possible dates for contracts in the upcoming year and asking me to confirm which dates I'm available for, so I picked Christmas and short-term summer... I guess now the waiting game starts again! Is this a new system, do you think? If so, I definitely think it's an improvement to pick dates like this rather than giving a vague indication of months that you are available!

And to everyone going out in the next month... have a blast, and spread that Disney magic!

me too :/
I was proper sad that I can't work this summer, but waiting game for Halloween, Christmas and next summer begins -_-

and yeah have fun everyone working this summer! and let the magic flow!

MickeyMouse11

Quote from: "Cendrillon"Just got an email from Casting listing all possible dates for contracts in the upcoming year and asking me to confirm which dates I'm available for, so I picked Christmas and short-term summer... I guess now the waiting game starts again! Is this a new system, do you think? If so, I definitely think it's an improvement to pick dates like this rather than giving a vague indication of months that you are available!

me too :/
I was proper sad that I can't work this summer, but waiting game for Halloween, Christmas and next summer begins -_-

and yeah have fun everyone working this summer! and let the magic flow!

morjen

does anyone know do you 100 percent need your birth cert translated in french? it says so in the email but not in the checklist they sent? and what kind of health records do you need to bring, I dont think I have any :/

MJLiisu

Quote from: "morjen"does anyone know do you 100 percent need your birth cert translated in french? it says so in the email but not in the checklist they sent? and what kind of health records do you need to bring, I dont think I have any :/

No, actually u don't need. At least 2 years ago they didn't ask it (and  I got it, it was bloody expensive!). U should have a little book where all your vaccines that u've got are noted. U should ask ur doctor, they have it. And actually that wasn't needed also, some people didn't have it with them and nothing happened.  ;)

Tiffanyfinsy

1 weeeeeeek to go aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!  :shock:
Some tips?!

miss_loocy

Quote from: "Ant"Hey Guys,

I'll be back in Disney from the 29th - 1st September, (My third and maybe last summer!)

If anyone else is there and wants to meet up for drinks/food/day in the park, Send me a PM or add me on FB, I'm a very friendly guy always looking to make new friends.

I'll be working again in Outdoor Food, so you might see be either working the ice cream carts or popcorn stands!

My FB: https://www.facebook.com/anthony.gallagher

P.s Do you think we should make like a little group on FB for the Sumer 2012 castmembers?

Hey Ant!
I worked at Disney last year, and I'm going back this summer (working in Fuente)
My contract starts 26th, so you'll be there not long after me! Also, just looked at your facebook page, and we have 2 mutual friends from last summer! :D
I'll add you!