Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morjen

Quote from: "wano"Did anyone else get a contract there I got one today! Im irish any ther irish or english people over there?

Yessss Im Irish, Im going over on the 13th!

hadarw

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Its official: Got a phone call today, received my contract, I'm going to work at Disneyland Paris!!!!!!!!  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/
Congratulations!
I'm so happy for you! Keep updating us whats going on with you...
And who knows maybe i'll see you there :-)

gldc

Nice to hear there are still contracts going!  :thumbs:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "DisneyDancer92"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Well, If this is true, I'll be one of the people who didn't even went to college anyway! I graduated from high school in Holland last year and this year I had a gap year and I'm still 20. However, I have some dancing/acting/performing experience on my CV. Nevertheless, I don't think its completely true. If they have the choice to choose between someone who's really good at dancing/acting/performing, but don't have any personality and energy at all  AND someone who's just can dance/act/perform well, but have a really great personality and energy, they will be probably choose the one with the most rarely personality and energy. It's DISNEY! It's great if you have a lot of experience, but if you don't have any personality or energy, you not going to make it in this entertainment industry. It's still great to have a back up plann though.

But just remember everyone: if you really want something, please, don't give up your dreams! It its meant to be, it will be coming. Wait for it and have a little faith. Keep on dreaming, be kind to everyone, but stay true to yourself  ;)! xxxx

ANYWAY: Are there more people who're going to Disney on the 14th June OR in June? And some tips I don't need to forget to bring to Disneyland? I'm also really bad at packing my suitcase aahhhhhhh! 3 weeks to go!

I didn't say it's allways that way- Im just telling you guys what she told me, and it might have been a way to explain why Nao got turned down on her C.V alone- apart from height/type/etc. At an open audition it wouldnt really matter who had been trained proffesionally since everybody is in the same boat, but when it comes down to sending C.V's only it REALLY does matter, be it Disney, West End, Cruise ships, whatever- you most likely won't even get an audition if you havent been trained proffesionally-how would they know about your talent and abilities? But at an open audition you're right there in front of them, and as long as you're what they're looking for your C.V isn't that important anymore.

I understand you well and for the most part it is true. However, I guess it depends in which country you live.

Here in Holland, we don't have really open auditions at all (Apart from disney, but still in English). First they're going to look at your picture/motivation. Most of the time they already have been thinking about a typical someone (for example: if they look for someone with a big personality and blonde hair (well you can color it lol)), if they think you're that kind of person, they are going to use you. Even if you have zero things on your CV. We have a lot of people here who didnt have anything on their CV at all. Most of the time is really about your motivation, look and personality here, because we're looking for someone who can act/dance/perform naturally, and sometimes when you have a lot of experience, you forget your natural beauty, because you just know a lot about all the technics.

Sadly, it has good and bad parts. Some people are working really hard and/or have a lot of experience on their CV, but still don't get a job. They even get a chance to audition at all. So yess...its just a hard world :(
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "morjen"
Quote from: "wano"Did anyone else get a contract there I got one today! Im irish any ther irish or english people over there?

Yessss Im Irish, Im going over on the 13th!

13th June? One day before me :D What kind of contract do you have?
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "hadarw"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Its official: Got a phone call today, received my contract, I'm going to work at Disneyland Paris!!!!!!!!  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/
Congratulations!
I'm so happy for you! Keep updating us whats going on with you...
And who knows maybe i'll see you there :-)

Thank you so much girl and ofcourse im going to update you as much as I can!
I wish you the best of luck with your audition this week (right?!), hopefully i see you soon in Paris :)

morjen

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"13th June? One day before me :D What kind of contract do you have?

Well I start on the 14th so ill be going over on 13th! Ive got a contract in a boutique until the 30th of September

LorhenS

Well, here I am. As I was saying in my presentation topic, I'm new here and I'm looking for some tips for Characters Auditions  [-o<
I've been following this thread and I've already learnt so much, I really want to thank everyone that contributed to give so many precious informations and useful suggestion. I've got, however, so doubts still lingering on.
My audition will be on June 10th in Rome (anybody planning to go too, by the way?) and... well, I'm already freaking the hell out!
I really want this, even if it's stupid to say since pretty much everybody wants it as well, and I'm trying to prepare myself as much as I can.
As I said in my presentation I am an actress so I'm not very concerned about having a "big personality" or being expressive... I've performed all my life, even in Disney Musicals and I know how to pull of a "cartoon face". My concern is I'm not a dancer, not a great one at least. I mean I know the basics, I've danced too in my life (ballet and contemporary) but I'm sure there will be plenty more people way more skilled than me in the dance routine - dancers, real dancers.
Of course my ambition is to be a look-alike, to be friends with a princess and all that. I think I could pull off Aurora or Ariel pretty well, although you're never really sure about your looks anyway. You never know what they're looking for.
//https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/164814_1811288046052_1355538167_32046931_5999380_n.jpg This is me, in case anybody wants to see.
I know about the heighs restrictions and I should be good with that too, since I'm 162-3. I don't really know how they measure you during the audition; someone said their method cuts off a couple cm, in which case I'd be screwed. I know I could still be friends with Alice or Wendy but... oh, well.
I'm optimistic about the sizes, I'm a size 8/10 (US) and I've heard that princess sizes run up until 10 (plus I've seen picture of characters being way curvier than me) so I'm hopeful.
We'll see how that goes, if I don't make it this time for being too fat, I'll tone up and try out again in the Fall.
I do have one question about the CV. On the website it says that I've to bring with me a CV, but it doesn't specify if I should include a cover letter or not. I've got my CV ready, it's my actress resume, it has everything to do with theatre experience and stuff, but I do not have a cover letter ready yet.
You guys know if I should have one?

Thanks anyway ;)
[li]May 19 2003]April 21-24: WDW

[/i]

br.uck

Hi guys,

So I'm moving out to Disney this Friday (June 1st) for a role on Blanche Neige until September 30th.

Is anybody going to be moving out there at the same time? It'd be nice to know somebody before plunging in at the deep end!

Bruce
(Scotland)

DisneyDancer92

Quote from: "br.uck"Hi guys,

So I'm moving out to Disney this Friday (June 1st) for a role on Blanche Neige until September 30th.

Is anybody going to be moving out there at the same time? It'd be nice to know somebody before plunging in at the deep end!

Bruce
(Scotland)

Lucky guy!- Blance Neige is probably my fave dark ride in the park (not that I have the brain to work on it myself haha):D good luck- and tell us how it goes!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

gldc

Quote from: "DisneyDancer92"
Quote from: "br.uck"Hi guys,

Bruce
(Scotland)

Lucky guy!- Blance Neige is probably my fave dark ride in the park (not that I have the brain to work on it myself haha):D good luck- and tell us how it goes!

Doing Blanche Neige means you'll also do Pinnochio and that one is the one that The cast hate because when you're loading people the loading gates have this really annoying song this play when they open.

Having said that though working on attractions in Fantasyland is brilliant, the whole team is lovely! Enjoy! Wish I could work until Sep 30th so I could have done another contract!

You'll have a brilliant time!
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

Ant

Hey Guys,

I'll be back in Disney from the 29th - 1st September, (My third and maybe last summer!)

If anyone else is there and wants to meet up for drinks/food/day in the park, Send me a PM or add me on FB, I'm a very friendly guy always looking to make new friends.

I'll be working again in Outdoor Food, so you might see be either working the ice cream carts or popcorn stands!

My FB: https://www.facebook.com/anthony.gallagher

P.s Do you think we should make like a little group on FB for the Sumer 2012 castmembers?

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "morjen"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"13th June? One day before me :D What kind of contract do you have?

Well I start on the 14th so ill be going over on 13th! Ive got a contract in a boutique until the 30th of September

Thats great, oh I understand it hahaha. Im going over on 14th and I start on the 16th! Hopefully I will see you one day :)

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Ant"Hey Guys,

I'll be back in Disney from the 29th - 1st September, (My third and maybe last summer!)

If anyone else is there and wants to meet up for drinks/food/day in the park, Send me a PM or add me on FB, I'm a very friendly guy always looking to make new friends.

I'll be working again in Outdoor Food, so you might see be either working the ice cream carts or popcorn stands!

My FB: https://www.facebook.com/anthony.gallagher

P.s Do you think we should make like a little group on FB for the Sumer 2012 castmembers?

Maybe we need to make a list for all the people who're going to work in the summer 2012 + arrival and start date or something? Would be nice to meet some forum people!

gldc

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Maybe we need to make a list for all the people who're going to work in the summer 2012 + arrival and start date or something? Would be nice to meet some forum people!

Hey, if you message me on here with your start and end dates, location (town and country), username, real name and fb link (if you want), and operation role I will add you to this first post in this thread > viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13315

That'll have everyone that's going there and I'll updated it regularly so everyone can meet.