Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaina82

Thanks guys!!

Hope u like the blog, sorry its not the greatest thing ever written but i hope u get the gist of stuff!

I auditioned 10 yrs ago and didnt get past the first round so its definately worth trying again. Dont think that youre rubbish if you dont get through, this job really is based on height a lot of the time and not how good you are! Also, dont be despondant if youre not a dancer, just give it 100% and SMILE  :D  Theyre not looking for perfection on the day, just someones whos willing to give it a go! Theres so many different roles in Disney that dancing is only a tiny portion of it!!! For me personally, im hoping that i'll be able to work my way up to the main stage shows and then Florida or the Disney Cruise Line but i might just as easily love the Imagineering side of things and want to go that way. If Disney us your dream DONT GIVE UP!! You can always try and work on attractions or in restaurants etc and if youre French isnt great (mine isnt!) then try one of the programmes that Disney in USA offer....theres loads of opportunites to get involved!! Have a look at the link below for info on international programmes in the US

//https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/

Alaina

itslewis

Quote from: "alaina82"Thanks guys!!

Hope u like the blog, sorry its not the greatest thing ever written but i hope u get the gist of stuff!

I auditioned 10 yrs ago and didnt get past the first round so its definately worth trying again. Dont think that youre rubbish if you dont get through, this job really is based on height a lot of the time and not how good you are! Also, dont be despondant if youre not a dancer, just give it 100% and SMILE  :D  Theyre not looking for perfection on the day, just someones whos willing to give it a go! Theres so many different roles in Disney that dancing is only a tiny portion of it!!! For me personally, im hoping that i'll be able to work my way up to the main stage shows and then Florida or the Disney Cruise Line but i might just as easily love the Imagineering side of things and want to go that way. If Disney us your dream DONT GIVE UP!! You can always try and work on attractions or in restaurants etc and if youre French isnt great (mine isnt!) then try one of the programmes that Disney in USA offer....theres loads of opportunites to get involved!! Have a look at the link below for info on international programmes in the US

//https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/

Alaina

WELL DONE :) Was the phone call withheld because I had several calls on Wednesday which was unknown but missed them all! Please don't say it was Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_Natalie_x

No Lewis let's hope it was Disney !! Because i'm sure they'll try calling another time, they won't just give up!!
How come you missed them all?
that would bug me loads not knowing who it was !! :lol:
Best of luck <3
x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"No Lewis let's hope it was Disney !! Because i'm sure they'll try calling another time, they won't just give up!!
How come you missed them all?
that would bug me loads not knowing who it was !! :lol:
Best of luck <3
x

How random it might sound, I was driving a boat hahaha! I hope they will contact me again if it was them, don't think it was though.

_Natalie_x

LOL driving a boat ! Good times.  :D
I wish you good luck I do hope they ring you soon!
My audition date is looming.. i'm SOOO excited for it !!!
x
Here we are... <3[/b]

alaina82

QuoteWas the phone call withheld because I had several calls on Wednesday which was unknown but missed them all! Please don't say it was Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a look through my phone and i got both a blocked and an unknown number on the day that Disney called me! Im assuming it was one of them but dont take my word for it....im sure they'll contact u again tho if it was, they obviously want u to work for them cos u got through the audition stage and beat off A LOT of competition!

Fingers crossed anyways, keep us posted!

QuoteMy audition date is looming.. i'm SOOO excited for it !!!

When and where are u auditioning _Natalie_x?

itslewis

Quote from: "alaina82"
QuoteWas the phone call withheld because I had several calls on Wednesday which was unknown but missed them all! Please don't say it was Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a look through my phone and i got both a blocked and an unknown number on the day that Disney called me! Im assuming it was one of them but dont take my word for it....im sure they'll contact u again tho if it was, they obviously want u to work for them cos u got through the audition stage and beat off A LOT of competition!

OMG, I'm going to cry lol. I had a feeling it was Disney, I bet it was. They haven't called back, I bet they found someone else now :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

norhel

Quote from: "itslewis"
Quote from: "alaina82"

OMG, I'm going to cry lol. I had a feeling it was Disney, I bet it was. They haven't called back, I bet they found someone else now :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What if you call up the unknown number?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

_Natalie_x

Norhel if the number is Withheld you cannot ring them back ! Don't worry Lewis i'm sure they will try again some other time !!

And Alaina my audition is on the 25th July in Leeds.. which is fantastic because im from rotherham so only 45 minute or so journey!! Rather than 3 hours to London!!
I think my family is coming with me though for the ride and theyll go off and do something in Leeds while I audition..
so clingy !! :P hehehe just kidding. :)
xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

norhel

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Norhel if the number is Withheld you cannot ring them back !
Sorry, didn't catch you saying that  :oops:
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

alaina82

Natalie, GOOD LUCK!!! Just be yourself and try your best...oh and dont forget to SMILE lol  :D

When are u available to go? Hopefully it wont be as busy as the one i attended so they can do the interviews etc that day, u might stand more of a chance getting a contract if ur able to speak to them directly. Can u also tell me what the presentation is at the beginning cos we didnt get a chance to see it  :(

Lewis....im sure they'll contact you! Why dont u email Daniel directly and ask him? I emailed him twice before they gave me a contract. With all the thousands of people they audition and the hundreds they have on their books they might overlook u...it cant help to try anyway. If ur available now just remind him, it at least shows ur still keen!  :P

_Natalie_x

Yes Alaina.. I will give a complete audition report on here as soon as I get home !!
And i hope it wont be as busy.. they havnt given out the dates and places to everyone its only people who applied through the website.. and now people can no longer apply so I think theyll be controlling numbers. :)

and of course ill smile!!!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Quote from: "alaina82"Natalie, GOOD LUCK!!! Just be yourself and try your best...oh and dont forget to SMILE lol  :D

When are u available to go? Hopefully it wont be as busy as the one i attended so they can do the interviews etc that day, u might stand more of a chance getting a contract if ur able to speak to them directly. Can u also tell me what the presentation is at the beginning cos we didnt get a chance to see it  :(

Lewis....im sure they'll contact you! Why dont u email Daniel directly and ask him? I emailed him twice before they gave me a contract. With all the thousands of people they audition and the hundreds they have on their books they might overlook u...it cant help to try anyway. If ur available now just remind him, it at least shows ur still keen!  :P

I have already emailed him twice! I might do it again and hopefully it will be third time lucky.  :D

_Natalie_x

have you emailed explaining you missed the calls?  Just stress how keen you still are in working for them and hope they havn't overlooked you because of that and maybe suggest times to call like on a home number if they want to try you again another time?  :D x
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"have you emailed explaining you missed the calls?  Just stress how keen you still are in working for them and hope they havn't overlooked you because of that and maybe suggest times to call like on a home number if they want to try you again another time?  :D x

No as it might not be them and I would look like a prat haha. I basically emailed him saying:

Hi Daniel,

I auditioned on 30th April in London for 'DLP costume and dance parade performers' and was successful and made it through. I am just waiting for a phone call now which I'm still hoping I will get!

I would just like to inform you that my start and end date is ANY as I may have wrote a certain date on my application form. I'm really eager to start asap and I hope you get in touch.

Regards,
            Lewis Cooper