Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

Quote from: "Norway"Hi everyone! My name is Thomas and comes from Norway =)

Welcome to the forum!
I'm also from Norway.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

_Natalie_x

Welcome to the forum Thomas and congratulations on getting through to the final stage !

What kind of things did you have to do for the movement stage?  Would love to hear about your experience to help prepare me for my next audition!
x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Hey everyone! Just signed up to the forum and thought i'll post my first reply :) I also attended the London audition on Friday 30th April and made it through! They put me forward for the Face Characters, Costume Characters and Parade Dancers so hopefully they will find me some work. I couldn't believe the amount of people that turned up on the day, was pretty cramped in the audition room... or should I say rooms. I'm glad I turned up early as people got turned away and told to come back the next day, bad times.

The audition was so much fun, the casting directors were so friendly and so was everyone there. I also got a card from Disney and just waiting for a phone call from them and and hopefully start asap! My friend got casted on the day for Prince Eric (this was around Christmas time) but turned down the offer as he was offered a place at Mountview.

Natalie, this is the breakdown of the audition:

You start filling an application form, just basic information ect.

They do a presentation about what their looking for and everything you need to know about the audition (they skipped this due to lack of time, as so many people turned up)

You then do stage one, which is an animation round. They give you 5 characters (it's the same for all Disney Auditions) Cowboy, Pirate, Dwarf, Villain and Prince/Princess as well as walking of waving and being full on cheese! You have to 'animate' yourself during the 8 beats and act as that characters... but be OTT and different!

Stage 2 is a dance audition. It's pretty easy if you've trained as a dancer, but if you're a beginner the feet work can get a bit confusing. I've done dancing for many years and I literally messed up my dance audition, but they still said I was good enough so i'm not complaining lol.

Stage 3 is an interview (this round was skipped also due to lack of time)

Everyone who made it through, around 30-50 people was split into three groups. First group were given cards and said they have the skills to become costume characters, second group (which I was in) was given a card and had the skills to become costume characters, face characters and parade dancers. Third group there were about 6 girls, 4 faired haired girls, one dark skinned girl and one Asian girl. They were asked to stay and try on wigs/costumes as their resembled face characters of whom they needed asap due to people leaving or end of their contract.

I hope it all makes sense and gives you a basic overview. If you want any tips I would:

1) Bring a CV/Headshot to the audition.
2) Push yourself to the front for everything, and be OTT.. ALWAYS SMILE!
3) Really dress to impress, they go on looks but no too much makeup, they like the natural look!

_Natalie_x

Wow thanks lewis for all that information :D I went to an audition in Feb but it was just dancing there was no real characterisation but I think thats what id be best at. Well done for getting all the way through!  
I actually cannot wait for the next audition! Gonna be super prepared now thanks to all you lot ! :D just need some headshots done.. can I ask.. what do yours look like? Obviously you.. but how are you positioned.. whats the colour etc?  :)

your friend is sooo lucky getting cast as prince eric ! But i suppose if Mountview is his future then fair enough turning it down.  

Congrats again and I hope you get called with a contract soon! :)  
How old are you by the way? :)

Thanks, Natalie x
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Thanks Natalie, I just hope I get a call now... otherwise it would be pointless, but i'm thinking positive! I'm 19, just on my gap year from Performing Arts college and thought Disney would be an amazing opportunity for my gap year :D
The best thing to do is go on www.disneyauditions.com  look on the 'audition calender' as it will let you know of all the Disney auditions coming up.

I think you can view my headshots on this link, http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 03ab576ac0

Their just basic, i'm getting a few new ones done very soon. As long as you have a clear photo of you're face, shoulders them i'm sure that's fine! I did mine myself, normal digital camera and photoshop! I'm more than happy to edit them for you when you take some :) A good photo would be good though, it's leaving a calling card for them so when they look through their files for a new performer, they will be looking at you're headshot as well as you're CV. Saying that, they take a photo of you at the end of the day, when you're sweaty and looking rough.. how nice of them!  

Lewis x

_Natalie_x

Ahh yes thanks alot !
I will look into having some done soon :)

I'm 17, 18 in august, have been told to wait til July auditions so I have a chance of being contracted.. just waiting for the dates now, fingers crossed im not on holiday! :)

make sure you tell us if you get a call !

Natalie x
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

I will, i'll let you know soon as I hear haha.

Yes, wait until you're 18! Im not sure if their auditioning in July but it will let you know on DisneyAuditions.com

Let me know how you get on and Good Luck! :D

Heffalumpy

That waiting list sucks  :(  I got put on it last year and haven't been to an audition since.  Well, I went to the one on April 30 and didn't get in because there were so many people.  I now have priority for the next audition and am too tall for the non-dancing roles.  I think its hit and miss whether you get the call or not, just wait and see.  Some people get their calls a few weeks after the audition.  Some get them right at the end of the 6 months.
I don't dance, I don't suit any face characters and I think my chances are limited and I'm getting old too.
Read this people: http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/index ... topic=5402
equally interestin forum lol!  ;)

itslewis

Quote from: "Heffalumpy"That waiting list sucks  :(  I got put on it last year and haven't been to an audition since.  Well, I went to the one on April 30 and didn't get in because there were so many people.  I now have priority for the next audition and am too tall for the non-dancing roles.  I think its hit and miss whether you get the call or not, just wait and see.  Some people get their calls a few weeks after the audition.  Some get them right at the end of the 6 months.
I don't dance, I don't suit any face characters and I think my chances are limited and I'm getting old too.
Read this people: http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/index ... topic=5402
equally interestin forum lol!  ;)

Hey, thanks for the link. I know what you mean, it really does suck. I'm still waiting and hoping but not putting my life on hold! I wish they told me this at the beginning just so I didn't get my hopes up when I go through! Good Luck for you're audition  :D

_Natalie_x

Hey guys!

So on the disneyland paris casting page you can apply for jobs in the UK again :D
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.. but I assume now they are wanting people to apply online, then everyone will get invited to the audition, to try and stop what happened last time with too many people turning up.

Had some headshots done the other day.. errkk i hate them but i'm so overly critical so i'm just letting my family choose a picture for me and then I will send off the applications :)

Also you have to write a cover letter now with the application so get thinking about it !! :D
to remind everyone the website is //http://www.disneylandparis-casting.com

Best wishes to all :)
Natalie xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hey guys!

So on the disneyland paris casting page you can apply for jobs in the UK again :D
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.. but I assume now they are wanting people to apply online, then everyone will get invited to the audition, to try and stop what happened last time with too many people turning up.

Had some headshots done the other day.. errkk i hate them but i'm so overly critical so i'm just letting my family choose a picture for me and then I will send off the applications :)

Also you have to write a cover letter now with the application so get thinking about it !! :D
to remind everyone the website is //http://www.disneylandparis-casting.com

Best wishes to all :)
Natalie xx

Yes, thats how I applied. Good Luck  :)

alaina82

Hey everyone!

I auditioned for Disney on April 30th at Pineapple and was lucky enough to be taken on as both a Character performer and Parade dancer! The day was really long and hot and my face ached from smiling so much but it was all worth it. Just got a call last week and my start date is 10th September....im sooooooooo excited!!!  Get to be there for all the big events...halloween, fireworks, British Festival (celebrating all things British....oh yeeeeah!) and Xmas and New Year, i literally cannot wait  :D  

Im writing a blog about all the goings on at Disney starting with the audition process cos i couldnt find anything that told me the truth about life as a castmember, only 2 posts so far but i'll try and update it regularly when im in Paris. If anyone wants to follow it its at //http://www.disneyparisdiaries.blogspot.com/

If anyone else is starting Disney soon, whatever department youre in please say hi!!!

Alaina

_Natalie_x

Ohhhhhh my goodness !!!!!!!! That post is like my future dream, I'm gettin butterflies I'm that excited for you and for my audition!!! Do you have any tips for the audition process, and are you an experienced dancer ??   Congratulations x100000!! I'm so pleased for you and some day I hope I will post a similar thing ;) lol :D
Natalie xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

Ok just read your blog.. So helpful thanks alot !!! :D xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

norhel

Quote from: "alaina82"Hey everyone!

I auditioned for Disney on April 30th at Pineapple and was lucky enough to be taken on as both a Character performer and Parade dancer! The day was really long and hot and my face ached from smiling so much but it was all worth it. Just got a call last week and my start date is 10th September....im sooooooooo excited!!!  Get to be there for all the big events...halloween, fireworks, British Festival (celebrating all things British....oh yeeeeah!) and Xmas and New Year, i literally cannot wait  :D  

Im writing a blog about all the goings on at Disney starting with the audition process cos i couldnt find anything that told me the truth about life as a castmember, only 2 posts so far but i'll try and update it regularly when im in Paris. If anyone wants to follow it its at //http://www.disneyparisdiaries.blogspot.com/

If anyone else is starting Disney soon, whatever department youre in please say hi!!!

Alaina

Congratulations!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California