Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaina82

AAAGGGGHHHHHH YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I actually did scream a little bit then  :P  Im soooooo pleased for u, however extremely jealous that ur going 2 wks before me!!! Damn the little person im taking over, can they not leave sooner!!!! Ur gonna know everyone and everything so im relying on u to take me under ur wing  :thumbs:

Festival Disney

Quote from: "itslewis"OMG OMG OMG OMG JUST HAD THE CALL FROM DANIEL! IM STARTING ON THE 27TH AUGUST OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ARGHHHH!
Congradulations!  :thumbs: Hope you really enojy it!
I'm slightly jealous  ;)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

itslewis

I'm so excited. Thanks guys, I can't stop smiling! Daniel was so nice over the phone, he rememberd my email I sent him! How lucky was that Nat, you know when I emailed him, I got a reply this morning saying 'You are still on our books and we will get in touch if there's a job offer blah de blah...' and then straight after a position came available and because I was still in his head he called me up! So lucky!

Alaina, you're only starting a few weeks after and yes i'll deffo take you under my wing! I'll show you the hot spots and we can hit the Paris gay scene haha! Shame you're not coming same day as me, we could of shared a flat and everything!!!

Thanks for all your support guys, really appreciate it!

alaina82

In the words of Monica from Friends.....I KNOW!!!!! That would have been cool altho we dont get a say in where we stay   :(  Im a bit concerned as we have to share a room and ive lived on my own for years, it could be a disaster lol

I also had a call from an Unknown number today, maybe it was Daniel forwarding my start date  :D  Ive already booked my non-flexible Eurostar ticket (only £50!!) so would prob have to say no anyway....unless i cried on the phone to Eurostar until they took pity on me or got fed up  :P

I soooo hope u get a job Natalie, bet you wish the audition date was closer! Its not really scary, i mean auditioning in general is scary, but the Disney guys are nice and friendly so its not too much of a harrowing experience. They just remind u that ur auditioning thoughout the entire time ur there, even when u dont think theyre noticing u, so just be professional and smiley. Make sure u get yourself to the front if u do the dance section cos otherwise u wont see. I stayed at the front even when they told us to swap over cos at 5" I can barely see over anyone  :lol:

Just do ur best and hopefully u'll be joing me and Lewis soon  :D/

itslewis

Quote from: "alaina82"In the words of Monica from Friends.....I KNOW!!!!! That would have been cool altho we dont get a say in where we stay   :(  Im a bit concerned as we have to share a room and ive lived on my own for years, it could be a disaster lol

I also had a call from an Unknown number today, maybe it was Daniel forwarding my start date  :D  Ive already booked my non-flexible Eurostar ticket (only £50!!) so would prob have to say no anyway....unless i cried on the phone to Eurostar until they took pity on me or got fed up  :P

I soooo hope u get a job Natalie, bet you wish the audition date was closer! Its not really scary, i mean auditioning in general is scary, but the Disney guys are nice and friendly so its not too much of a harrowing experience. They just remind u that ur auditioning thoughout the entire time ur there, even when u dont think theyre noticing u, so just be professional and smiley. Make sure u get yourself to the front if u do the dance section cos otherwise u wont see. I stayed at the front even when they told us to swap over cos at 5" I can barely see over anyone  :lol:

Just do ur best and hopefully u'll be joing me and Lewis soon  :D/

Haha yes cry on the phone and come with me lol. I've got so much to plan, it hasn't sunk in yet. I need to sort my transport out too. Are you doing a 3 month? Because im doing 3 months which is end on the contract date then I re-new for another 6 months if I want to stay? OMG I know, I will be a diva and tell the person in my room to tidy up after themselves haha! I'm so excited! I wish there was a forum or something similar for people going or are working in Disney and we can make some friends before we go!

Nat, the audition is wicked. You do get the stuck up people but just be yourself and try your best that's all you can do. Disney like unique people so just do unique things and really be in there face!

_Natalie_x

Hehhehe im so jealous I kinda wish I was abit older so I could have been to the audition in London with you guys.. but oh well Leeds is still good..
I just wanna be joining you.. you two are like about to live my dream right infront of me im so jealoooouuuusss!!!
Bit far in advance but while you over there please try and keep on the forum and update us on goings on!!

What were you like on the phone Lewis.. were you OTT?  Because I think i would actually cry and scream down the phone !! Not good ! :lol: xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

alaina82

I think i let out a little squeal when Daniel phoned me but thought he might change his mind if i was OTT so tried to play it cool....really didnt work  :lol:

kelly.dylan

Just reading about you all applying and getting jobs for Disney is lovely.  I wish that was something i had done when I was younger so all I can say is follow your dreams and dont give up :-D
Natalie maybe soon you will be joining the others as a disney cast member =D>
Kelly xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

luke85

I'm in such a dilemma!

I've been offered a contract which starts on August 30th until 1st November, and whilst I'm really happy I don't know if I'm gonna go for it. I've been doing temp work for about 2 years now, and in June started my first "proper" job for ages, I'm petrified of going to DLP for 2 months, coming back and having to find another full time job when it took me so long to find my current one. At my audition we were all told our contracts would be for at least 6 months.

However, I've looked in my staff handbook and they do allow "career breaks", which means I could have a break (unpaid) and do something else but have my job waiting for me when I get back from DLP, however as I've only been working there for a month I'm not sure if I'm eligible for it. I'm gonna check with them tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some good news.

I've been looking forward to this day for so long, I feel like I should be on top of the world right now but I'm so conflicted with what I should do :(

SM:M3

Quote from: "luke85"I'm in such a dilemma!

I've been offered a contract which starts on August 30th until 1st November, and whilst I'm really happy I don't know if I'm gonna go for it. I've been doing temp work for about 2 years now, and in June started my first "proper" job for ages, I'm petrified of going to DLP for 2 months, coming back and having to find another full time job when it took me so long to find my current one. At my audition we were all told our contracts would be for at least 6 months.

However, I've looked in my staff handbook and they do allow "career breaks", which means I could have a break (unpaid) and do something else but have my job waiting for me when I get back from DLP, however as I've only been working there for a month I'm not sure if I'm eligible for it. I'm gonna check with them tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some good news.

I've been looking forward to this day for so long, I feel like I should be on top of the world right now but I'm so conflicted with what I should do :(

I always say "Make the dream". You've got an offer from DLP, so you've made the dream. Might as well live that dream now ?

_Natalie_x

Luke, I think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity because if you turn it down now.. theres a chance you wont get in again.. but there are a million full time jobs waiting for you back at home..
I just think that if this if your dream.. you have to grab it when you can, don't let it slip by.. or you could regret it in the future. I understand your dilemma but for how much I want this job.. I would drop everything to go there.
You never know, your contract could extend when you are there and it was the best decision you ever made :)

And Kelly I do hope so ! I will never give up because this is my dream and I can make it happen !! :Dx
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

x

_Natalie_x

Haha No Lewis, passionate is the word!!

They do say.. if you're good enough to work for Disney, you're good enough to work for anyone. That's what i've heard a few times when I tell people of what I want to do.
And that experience of travelling, meeting new people and throwing yourself into new situations and learning new skills can only improve your CV by miles so you could seem more desirable to future employees anyway and could find that it's easier to get a job once you're home. :)

No pressure but GO FOR IT !! xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

alaina82

Luke....DO IT!!!

Im 28, and ive done loads of jobs...travel agents, admin, probation service, i even worked as a prison officer!! I gave up this performing thing about 7 yrs ago as i couldnt get any work and needed money so entered the world of full time work. Went to uni and prepared myself for a career in Criminal Justice, moved on my own from my hometown to MIlton Keynes to start a job which i thought would be great (prison officer) and hated every second of it! I started to work part time at my local theatre and it literally hit me....as much as i love my policing/criminal law work its just not performing. I see so many shows with people in them that just seem mediocre and i know i can do it just as well as them. It made me really look at my life, do i stay and work in a job that i'll potentially like but not love, or do i give my dream 100% and know that i tried my best even if it didnt work out? I took the latter and since then had 2 auditions, Lazy Town and Disney....do you know what? I got BOTH of them! Yes, id love to be in the West End but Disney is a pretty good place to start, its a worldwide brand and will look good on my CV. As Natalie said, there will always be a full time job available to you but performing opportunites dont come along every day. Its a tough business and u have to fight to be part of it....i guess u have to decide whether u want it enough or not? And as Lewis pointed out your contract is only potentially 2 mths (altho i reckon theyll extend it) so why not give it a go???

The best bit tho is if u do you'll get to meet me and Lewis  :D
.....still jealous u guys are going there before me tho  :(

itslewis

Quote from: "alaina82"Luke....DO IT!!!

Im 28, and ive done loads of jobs...travel agents, admin, probation service, i even worked as a prison officer!! I gave up this performing thing about 7 yrs ago as i couldnt get any work and needed money so entered the world of full time work. Went to uni and prepared myself for a career in Criminal Justice, moved on my own from my hometown to MIlton Keynes to start a job which i thought would be great (prison officer) and hated every second of it! I started to work part time at my local theatre and it literally hit me....as much as i love my policing/criminal law work its just not performing. I see so many shows with people in them that just seem mediocre and i know i can do it just as well as them. It made me really look at my life, do i stay and work in a job that i'll potentially like but not love, or do i give my dream 100% and know that i tried my best even if it didnt work out? I took the latter and since then had 2 auditions, Lazy Town and Disney....do you know what? I got BOTH of them! Yes, id love to be in the West End but Disney is a pretty good place to start, its a worldwide brand and will look good on my CV. As Natalie said, there will always be a full time job available to you but performing opportunites dont come along every day. Its a tough business and u have to fight to be part of it....i guess u have to decide whether u want it enough or not? And as Lewis pointed out your contract is only potentially 2 mths (altho i reckon theyll extend it) so why not give it a go???

The best bit tho is if u do you'll get to meet me and Lewis  :D
.....still jealous u guys are going there before me tho  :(

OMG you got Lazy Town haha AMAZING! Doing what, on the actual TV show?!

I love this forum, everyone thinks the same as me and love Disney as much as me! I can understand where Luke is coming from... and would understand if he didn't go to Disney. However, you would regret it if you didn't go, you would always think what if...