If they replaced Animagique...

Started by Rocketeer, November 16, 2015, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DLRPWonders on November 18, 2015, 05:46:52 PM
There is already a Frozen show and they have already done a BATB show.

Ahh right, but Frozen is still popular. They could do a big mashup of all the popular Pixar movies.

And they could do a Toy Story theme show in Toy Story Play-land.  :P

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 18, 2015, 06:59:56 PM
Pretty sure with the way studios is going it will be pixar related. I can't see why they would have plans to develop Pixar theming more and then not do a show. Saying that I think studios is so miss matched it could be literally anything!!! Hope they get rid of the aladdin ride as it's just so random - they could easily retheme with fish (Nemo) so it's more relevant to the area.

I rather like it simply because I love Genie! However yes, retheming it would be better, I don't think Nemo is the way to go though (although I've heard rumours that was the plan) but how about bugs life? Just have the carpets be ladybugs or something. Maybe Incredibles, although I can't think of anything from that movie that'd fit...,Oh! What about the Planes from UP with the dogs in!

rebecca20

I thought Nemo since its near Crush - plus I've seen a lot of non-disney theme parks with the same ride in fish form! I wish there was more theming in Studios. Why the cars ride is opposite Crush with Mickey whacked in the centre for meet and greets I'll never know.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 20, 2015, 01:04:22 PM
I thought Nemo since its near Crush - plus I've seen a lot of non-disney theme parks with the same ride in fish form! I wish there was more theming in Studios. Why the cars ride is opposite Crush with Mickey whacked in the centre for meet and greets I'll never know.

Certainly Toon Studios has nothing on the theming or backstory of Thunder Mesa but the area does make sense if you put thought into it. It is a movie studio for Toon. They come from their homes in toontown through the toontown gates. Genie is there filming far a movie and when you think of all the other rides there as simply sets then it makes a lot more sense and it works for all of them save Crush. Theres no mention of that being in a movie and it doesn't really look like one compared to the cars stuff. The meet and greets are toons on their way to work being mobbed by fans :P

rebecca20

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on November 21, 2015, 02:09:05 PM

Certainly Toon Studios has nothing on the theming or backstory of Thunder Mesa but the area does make sense if you put thought into it. It is a movie studio for Toon. They come from their homes in toontown through the toontown gates. Genie is there filming far a movie and when you think of all the other rides there as simply sets then it makes a lot more sense and it works for all of them save Crush. Theres no mention of that being in a movie and it doesn't really look like one compared to the cars stuff. The meet and greets are toons on their way to work being mobbed by fans :P

Personally I think because Crush is so huge it even ruins that analogy! The only bit that has the original toon part is the meet and greet. Saying that Studios is my favourite park for rides. I just feel like they haven't been overly creative.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 21, 2015, 04:32:02 PM
Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on November 21, 2015, 02:09:05 PM

Personally I think because Crush is so huge it even ruins that analogy! The only bit that has the original toon part is the meet and greet. Saying that Studios is my favourite park for rides. I just feel like they haven't been overly creative.

I think they want you to accept that Pixar characters are also toons even though they are 3D, it's a bit of a leap but it doesn't bother me too much honestly. I think the Studios could have been much more creative if they'd had the budget, look what happened when they had more of a budget, TSPL and Place De Remi were made, although not on a huge budget and not under TWDC. I'm interested to see what they do with the place post-25th anniversary!

Rocketeer

If they do retheme Tapis Volents as well replace Animagique with characters from the Lamp, they might as well just ditch the Toon Studio name and call it 'Pixar Courtyard' or something.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

As suggested in the 'Fixing WDS' thread, what about a Muppets show to replace Animagique? Studio 3 maybe part of Toon Studio now, but its on the edge enough that it doesn't seem that odd a fit.

And while they're at it, theme the spinner next to it into something that Dr. Bunsen Honeydew has created.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on November 22, 2015, 11:48:47 PM
As suggested in the 'Fixing WDS' thread, what about a Muppets show to replace Animagique? Studio 3 maybe part of Toon Studio now, but its on the edge enough that it doesn't seem that odd a fit.

And while they're at it, theme the spinner next to it into something that Dr. Bunsen Honeydew has created.
Oh no. Anything but Muppets.

seraphelle

I only watched Animagique for the first time this year, and I loved it. Typical that it'll be gone soon. Just my luck  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Rocketeer

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on December 03, 2015, 08:45:25 PM

Aww really? How come?

They've had two reasonably successful films and their return to TV is going ok. Plus they need more than just Pixar in the park.

:)

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on December 06, 2015, 01:16:49 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on December 03, 2015, 08:45:25 PM

Aww really? How come?

Can't stand them. Very annoying.

Rocketeer

^OK fair enough. Not everyone's cup of tea I guess.

Although I'm against more from the Lamp in WDS for now, what about just replacing Animagique with the 'Pixar Film Festival' that's being added to the Magic Eye Theatre in EPCOT?

QuoteEpcot guests can experience beloved Disney and Pixar animated shorts in a new 4D experience located in Magic Eye Theater in the Imagination Pavilion. "Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival" will include a look into the visionary minds behind some of the world's most iconic animated films today."
-Disney Parks Blog

V0gelz

I don't think Animagique will be replaced, they added new neon lights and repainting it.
https://twitter.com/insidedlparis/status/667314877027905536

They might change the act but not the remove the whole building.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on December 09, 2015, 02:47:29 PM
^OK fair enough. Not everyone's cup of tea I guess.

Although I'm against more from the Lamp in WDS for now, what about just replacing Animagique with the 'Pixar Film Festival' that's being added to the Magic Eye Theatre in EPCOT?

QuoteEpcot guests can experience beloved Disney and Pixar animated shorts in a new 4D experience located in Magic Eye Theater in the Imagination Pavilion. "Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival" will include a look into the visionary minds behind some of the world's most iconic animated films today."
-Disney Parks Blog
Whilst I love 4D Cinemas, I can't see them introducing another when there's already a 4D Ratatouille ride.

If anything, I can see Disneyland Paris getting rid of the only other 3D/4D attraction Discoveryland Theater (wish it was 'Theatre') and turning it into a stage show.