If they replaced Animagique...

Started by Rocketeer, November 16, 2015, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Rumour has it that Animagique may get replaced, and if did, should it be along the lines of 'Mickey and the Wondrous Book' from HKDL or 'Mickey and the Magical Map' from Disneyland? Both are very similar to Animagique, yet use more projection technology etc., to create something quite spectacular.

Or should they just go down a new route all together?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

stifle

I would love a show like Big Band Beat from TDS.

pfspock

Animagique WILL be replaced sometime in 2016. That's a fact. Rumour has it that it will be a Pixar related show to fit in the upcoming rededication/renaming of Toon Studios into Pixar Studios. Still, rumours only.

MattR

I would love to have Mickey's Philharmagic in Paris.

twentythingamabobs

A&S&O

Philharmagic - although its not as good as Animagique.

It needs to be something people can sing along to, or at least come out of with the songs running around your head.

Wasn't impressed with "Mickey and the Wondrous Book".

How about Aladdin (from DLR) or Finding Nemo (from WDW)? Probably too expensive to stage those though - and they are language specific.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Zee79

I've just watched Mickey and the wondrous book on YouTube after a tweet I received & it looks great, I liked the fact it had translation on the side of the stage for when the characters when speaking the native language. This would be a good addition.

RockNRoller

I'm sure I read in another thread that when Animagique goes it will be Mickeys Philharmagic taking it's place.

Of course to make it French it would need to be Philharmagique  ;D
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Rocketeer

Quote from: Zee79 on November 17, 2015, 10:28:56 AM
I've just watched Mickey and the wondrous book on YouTube after a tweet I received & it looks great, I liked the fact it had translation on the side of the stage for when the characters when speaking the native language. This would be a good addition.
It is quite something, HKDL must be proud to have it. However it does look on the expensive side for DLRP - the company alone must be 20 or so, let alone the costs of adding all those movable screens.

Still, if they got it, it'd be fantastic - perhaps it'd be better in the Fantasyland Theatre though, rather than in the Studios.

Quote from: RockNRoller on November 17, 2015, 01:00:28 PM
I'm sure I read in another thread that when Animagique goes it will be Mickeys Philharmagic taking it's place.
I've not got an issue with Philharmagic per se, but its 12 years old now, shouldn't they have something newer or at the very least have the attraction updated rather than just add it as is?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

pfspock

As far as I know Philharmagique was in discussion but canceled because the Theater would not fit. Anyway, according to ed92 DLP plans to bring a Show to the stage that will be greater than anything they have ever done, more in the vein of wondrous book or magical map, but a completely new Show.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Rocketeer

^That seems likely. Especially given that Wondrous Book seems to be an evolution of Magical Map, I can see them creating another version for Paris.

Which can only be a good thing.

And on the video from HKDL you can make out a subtitle ribbon screen to the side of the stage, which would fit perfectly with DLRP.

DisneyGagaChick

They should do a small version of Beauty & The Beast or Frozen..

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on November 17, 2015, 07:16:27 PM
They should do a small version of Beauty & The Beast or Frozen..

There is already a Frozen show and they have already done a BATB show.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

lovindisney87

I think a Pixar related thing would be great, I love the Disney Pixar films so something along those lines would suit me 😉
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

rebecca20

Pretty sure with the way studios is going it will be pixar related. I can't see why they would have plans to develop Pixar theming more and then not do a show. Saying that I think studios is so miss matched it could be literally anything!!! Hope they get rid of the aladdin ride as it's just so random - they could easily retheme with fish (Nemo) so it's more relevant to the area.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.