DLP closed til Wednesday

Started by MotherKnowsBest!, November 14, 2015, 09:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherKnowsBest!

Hi All,

ive just seen on twitter that DLP will remain closed until Wednesday.

Such sad times, i really feel for everyone there.

Hope everyone stays safe and gets home ok. We are due to go really soon but im seriously reconsidering  :'(
March 2009  - Sequoia Lodge
November 2009 - DreamCastle
November 2010 -DreamCastle
November 2013 - DreamCastle
November 2014 - Disneyland Hotel
August 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
November 2015 - Disneyland Hotel
November 2016 - Newport Bay
November 2017 - Newport Bay

bad-pink-tink

seeing reports now on Twitter that the park WILL BE CLOSED SUNDAY 15, MONDAY 16 TUESDAY 17 NOVEMBER

this information is coming from CM'S who received information on the internal messaging system.

Source  https://twitter.com/DedicatedToDLP
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

NCC1701Q

On the official website:
« We mourn those lost to the horrific attacks in Paris, we pray for the injured and we hold them all in our hearts.  As part of France's three-day national mourning period, Disneyland Paris will remain closed through Tuesday 17 November. » Tom Wolber, Président of Euro Disney S.A.S.

samuelvictor

Like everyone I am horrified & appalled by the recent events in Paris. My thoughts are with everyone there or who has family or friend affected by this. It is an unspeakably tragic set of events and the news stories of the outpouring of support of the people of Paris donating blood, helping clean up etc speak volumes for the character of the city & it's people.

However, with DLRP being closed for 4 days, I am also horrified for those who may have saved up for months or even years to book a holiday, only to not be able to enter the parks. I don't know how you'd begin to explain that to young children who have been looking forward to it for so long either. Will there be some kind of refunds or free tickets/extensions to holidays covered?

I know this is completely unprecidented & safety of guests & respect for victims must be the top priorities, but I can't be the only one horrified at the thought of paying & planning for a holiday only to be refused entry? It's just so desperately sad...

stifle

I have no doubt Disney will look after guests who have booked direct – the parks are an integral part of the package and people will have no trouble getting refunded or rescheduled. Similar principles should apply to people with package holidays.

It may be different for guests who have chosen to book separately/stay offsite. Those people will rely on the goodwill of their providers.

samuelvictor

I certainly hope everyone manages to still have a great holiday & not let it be spoiled by these horrible events. It's certainly unprecidented in the history of DLRP so will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Again, my thoughts are with everyone there, it must be very scary and sad.

Mileto

Stifle, you are going, right? Or thinking of rebooking?

We are going (as of today's point of view). Hope it calms down (as much as it could actually) and we'll see. Fact that a part of your smile and enthusiasm has gone - not becuase of fear but because of the people's tragedy and sorrow. We try all we can to get back our smiles and excitement.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stifle

Yes, I am absolutely going. Terrorists win if they disrupt our lives as well as by more direct attacks. I have a date with the new Space Mountain on the 29th and I'm not missing it!

darrenwest1

im also suppose to be going 2 weeks today
i hope things quite down before hand

littlebitofpixiedust

I think what we have to remember is an attack like the one Friday can happen absoloutly anywhere, yes Disneylandparis seems obvious because it's busy and in France but these incidents have indeed rattled everyone and most places have upped security. For example I went to bluewater yesterday and got chatting to one of the cast members in Disney store (yes they know me!  :D) and she said that they have triple the amount of security that usual. That's just once place, imagine the precautions everywhere else?

One of the local schools had children participating in a game today " hide from the terrorist" I couldn't believe when another parent told me! The teachers are acting out as terrorists and the children have to run/hide. It wasn't my sons school he attends a special needs school. I couldn't believe it.... I understand the logic in doing this but god of our kids won't be scared enough as it is I'm sure many will now and many parents are fuming across social media.

We have our trip coming in December 13th and we will be going unless advised not to go of course.

Mileto

Quote from: stifle on November 16, 2015, 06:38:52 PM
Yes, I am absolutely going. Terrorists win if they disrupt our lives as well as by more direct attacks. I have a date with the new Space Mountain on the 29th and I'm not missing it!

So glad to hear this! I still hope to meet you for some minutes in the park.
We wait for my DH to come back from a longer business trip and we start planning and preparing. It's so near.

I hope that tomorrow the magic will spread again and we'll see the happy children's faces.

We have the children's Eurovision here, all kids arrived and we look at the preparations and the rehersals. Security is high and all the kids feel great. The competition is on Saturday evening, main rehersal with public - Friday.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Jo316

Quote from: stifle on November 16, 2015, 06:38:52 PM

Well said!

paris*

Hi everyone, I'm heading to DLP in 2 weeks. So glad I came across this post and to read that security has tripled. The last few weeks before our trips I'm usually on a high about going, I'm trying not to worry!
Disneyland Paris October 2014, September 2011, October 2010, September 2009
Booked for 5 nights in the Cheyenne December 2015 bring on the magic :D :D

Zee79

My daughter is no longer going to Paris with the school in December, she is upset in a way because she is not getting to visit DLP at Christmas but the trip is going to happen in March so we are happier, meeting at the school tonight. We still going in July.

Karen101

Have you been in July before Zee79?  Ive never been during height of summer and was just wondering what it was like?  Mind you ive visted in at Halloween which is busy busy also...