best hotel pool?

Started by polar vixen, September 21, 2015, 11:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

So I've read that Davy crocketts pool and restaurant woll be closed all of next year for a major refurbishment. While I understand it necessary it's quite sad as the pool was a massive bonus and with the little farm, the horses and the tipis also gone there's sadly few perks to staying there. Which means I'm now looking at getting two adjoining rooms (there are seven us altogether). I loved the Cheyenne and wohld go back there for the theming bug kods love the pool so out of the other disney hotels which do you think is the best one?

mickey1980

Sequoia Lodge has the best pool out of the hotels.

Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

polar vixen

I'd suspected as much, just wanted cofirmation, thank you. It's a shame they've got rid of all the kids play area at hotels. We tend to go for a longer holiday at a slower pace, the sequoia pool does look lovely. 

Zee79

We found it a lovely pool but VERY cold. Changing rooms are none existent so be prepared to get changed in front of everyone or get changed all together  in one cubicle if you get one or the toilet haha. We took 4 kids aged 7-11 & they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Would use it again.

Slimy yet satisfying

Yep I agree such a shame they reduced all the kids areas at DC. The pool and farm were a huge bonus. The Sequioa does have a nice pool but the photo above is a bit misleading as it looks huge...it isnt and yes the pool is cold and changing rooms small. We are trying Explorers at Easter as the pool looks good, they have a selection of different room room types that could accommodate your family. My family can't holiday without a pool either so i understand how important it is to get that right.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

michaelj1973

Keep in mind that other hotel pools also have closing times so if a pool is important for you look first for the closing time of that pool. Or phone disney to look it op.

HildeKitten

And make sure to double check the pool closing time.
When I went for my birthday in 2010, we checked whether the Sequoia Lodge pool would be open at booking.
We were told it was open from 10am each day upon booking.
We checked in the hotel again, were told it'd be open that day from 10am, and the next day too.
The next day when we wanted to go swimming, we found a note at the door saying it opened at 3pm...
Understandably we were _not_ amused. Especially not considering this was in July.

The one time we did get to go swimming in the Sequoia Lodge pool was in 2006 when it was boiling hot. The water was indeed chilly, but it was so hot outside that that was actually refreshing, and the outdoors section of the pool was actually warmer than the indoors one because of the sun shining on it so much.

I didn't think the cubicles were small, but mainly because I'm used to cubicles from that size in pools here in Belgium.

samuelvictor

The pool at the Explorer's hotel is one of the coolest I've ever been in, its especially cool for kids but all our family loved it. Of course, with the Explorer's you don't get EMH though (unless you have an annual pass). Its certainly cheaper than the Sequoia, around the same price as Cheyenne and Santa Fe - has a noticably better breakfast than the latter two as well - so it's worth considering  :D