Annual pass extra magic hours?

Started by Ethan040, August 20, 2015, 12:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan040

Hi guys, me and my gf have annual passes but I've only just realised I can use them for extra magic hours, I spent a week there in march looked at the signs every day but never knew what it was.., my question is though, how do I get to the main entrance from the car park before normal opening hours because when I turned up in the morning in March I'm sure I was queuing at the bag checkpoint tent thing until opening time? I don't stop in the park hotels I stop just outside so come through the car park entrance.

Thanks

NCC1701Q

Hi ethan,

During EMH you have to pass the bagage check (just like hotel visitors - there is no need to wait, just join the line and get through) and then go to the entrance of the park that has the EMH, usually Disneyland Parc. At the entrance of that Park are Cast Members who check if you have hotel vouchers or annual passes. After checking then, you can proceed to the turnstiles and enter the Park.

Ethan040

Brilliant thanks a lot, I can't believe I've spent a week at disney already this year and never even knew I could do this.

HildeKitten

Normally all your AP benefits are explained in the brochure you get with your AP.
Well it used to be like that when I had an AP, which isn't that long ago (only a few years).

stifle

They are, but not everyone can read French ;)

HildeKitten

I really would have thought they'd have bothered with English by now.

In any case, surely there's a list in the AP topic on here, and there must be translations online. I refuse to believe there aren't :) There's so many helpful people in the DLP fandom that it's impossible that no one has bothered :)

A&S&O

Dream passes have always given Magic Hours. It is only recently that its been added to Fantasy Passes and some literature still only lists it for Dream Passes. There is still some confusion amongst some as to whether its offered.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

stifle

Quote from: HildeKitten on August 23, 2015, 12:33:19 PM
I really would have thought they'd have bothered with English by now.

In any case, surely there's a list in the AP topic on here, and there must be translations online. I refuse to believe there aren't :) There's so many helpful people in the DLP fandom that it's impossible that no one has bothered :)

I don't think they want foreigners buying APs, as most will pay the more inflated prices for 3/4/5 day passes.

HildeKitten

loxley108

Hi everyone.  I'm planning a first trip to to DLP - quite daunting!

Hotel and flight is booked - just need to sort out tickets - planning to get AP's from SuperTrips.

Trying to decide between Fantasy and Dream passes. The blockout days aren't an issue - but definitely want EMH.

Would you recommend paying the extra for a Dream pass to guarantee EMH?

Thanks  :)

stifle

Fantasy includes EMHs so the only difference would be the extra discounts.

Zee79

If you are not too bothered about block out days then I would go for the fantasy pass, discounts area fraction less but up to you. Have a read on dlrp site about the perks of each if you haven't already.

Just looked up on dlpguide and EMH are included in Dream & Fantasy pass.

loxley108

Thanks so much.  The Dream ones work out an extra £30 for the 3 of us and don't need the extra days or shop discount, was just going to go for it for peace of mind as it there seems some conflicting views on online about Fantasy and EMH.

But if you're the EMH are included, i'll prob go for the Fantasy.

Thanks again