How to improve the park

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, September 17, 2015, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyAteMyCap

I went to Disneyland Paris in 2007 whilst they were celebrating 15 years since the park's opening and the amount of stuff to do was brilliant, especially the number of shows and parades on offer.

Fast forward to now: it's my parents' 25th wedding anniversary in 2017 so we've been planning to go back during their 25th celebrations. However, one quick look at the site reveals that the park has gone somewhat downhill since. Where are all the shows and parades?

I only saw six shows and two parades listed on their site compared to the number there were last time.

Here's how I would improve the park in time for the 25th:

1. More shows.  A show for each area of Disney's ownership. One show for Walt Disney Animation, one for Pixar, one for Marvel and Jedi Academy can stay for Lucasfilms. For Walt Disney Animation, I would bring back Legend of the Lion King (how could they get rid of that?). The Pixar show could be based on Toy Story because I think Toy Story would lend itself to a stage show for all ages. As for Marvel, how about a Guardians of the Galaxy show?

2. More parades. Bring back the one that used to be going around Walt Disney Studios in 2007 because it added a lot to the Disney experience.

3. Have a Pirates of the Caribbean 4D movie to replace the Sneak Previews at Discovery Theater. I can understand getting rid of Honey I Shrunk The Audience but why not a new 4D adventure?

How would you improve the park?

HildeKitten

Those are some good suggestions!

I would also return the character meet and greets in the hotels.
A far better and much more diverse range of merchandise.
I would also like to see more random character encounters AND with queues, so that entire stressful mobbing becomes a thing of the past.
And last, but definitely NOT least: a consistent enforcing of both smoking and selfie stick bans.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: HildeKitten on September 17, 2015, 02:28:23 PM
Those are some good suggestions!

I would also return the character meet and greets in the hotels.
A far better and much more diverse range of merchandise.
I would also like to see more random character encounters AND with queues, so that entire stressful mobbing becomes a thing of the past.
And last, but definitely NOT least: a consistent enforcing of both smoking and selfie stick bans.
Do people actually walk around the park with selfie sticks?

Blimey, it's like some have no manners. Whenever I go to a public place, I deliberately don't bring any form of tripod for my camera so as not to get in people's way.

HildeKitten

Yes, yes they do.
And apparently some even take them on rides.
In the US there was a serious incident (I'm not aware of the details but surely someone on here is) and because of that the use of selfie sticks is now forbidden in all Disney parks, but just like the smoking ban, its not as enforced as it should be in Disneyland Paris.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: HildeKitten on September 17, 2015, 06:40:13 PM
Yes, yes they do.
And apparently some even take them on rides.
In the US there was a serious incident (I'm not aware of the details but surely someone on here is) and because of that the use of selfie sticks is now forbidden in all Disney parks, but just like the smoking ban, its not as enforced as it should be in Disneyland Paris.

It's crazy that they should have to ban things like that. Some people just have no respect for manners in a public place.

HildeKitten

Sadly a LOT of people going to Disneyland Paris act like utter scum in the parks.
And what's even more sad, they often get away with it too.

dencarter

DLP does really need some expansion to keep it to a standard in line with the other Disney properties around the world. I agree with everything mentioned here, and would also welcome the addition of park-wide WiFi and Magic Bands and Fast Pass Plus (like at WDW). I'd also like to see restaurants like Walt's and Remy's open later, at least until park closing, or even later.

mickey1980

Quote from: dencarter on September 19, 2015, 10:30:27 AMI'd also like to see restaurants like Walt's and Remy's open later, at least until park closing, or even later.

Agreed!
Also, it's really time the main park receives a new E-ticket attraction. It's nice that they are updating the classic rides. But that doesn't give more capacity.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: dencarter on September 19, 2015, 10:30:27 AM
DLP does really need some expansion to keep it to a standard in line with the other Disney properties around the world. I agree with everything mentioned here, and would also welcome the addition of park-wide WiFi and Magic Bands and Fast Pass Plus (like at WDW). I'd also like to see restaurants like Walt's and Remy's open later, at least until park closing, or even later.
They haven't got Wi-Fi yet?

Wow. Even my local Sainsburys' has free Wi-Fi!

rebecca20

More characters (rare ones) - basically if Stitch, Angel, Duffy, Shellie May would like to turn up, my life would be made and I would never NEED to return to disney again. Also characters in hotels, and older character references (Frozen Summer fun was fine for one year but I'll be avoiding it next year - luckily my mums 50th birthday falls right in Swing into Spring).
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

stifle

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on September 22, 2015, 07:37:25 PM

There is free wifi in all the hotels.

When you're in the parks, you should be enjoying the atmosphere and attractions rather than faffing about on the internet... but if you're addicted, there's always the option of getting a French SIM or a roaming data plan from your home network. If you're on 3, roaming in France is completely free.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: stifle on September 23, 2015, 08:08:41 AM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on September 22, 2015, 07:37:25 PM

There is free wifi in all the hotels.

When you're in the parks, you should be enjoying the atmosphere and attractions rather than faffing about on the internet... but if you're addicted, there's always the option of getting a French SIM or a roaming data plan from your home network. If you're on 3, roaming in France is completely free.
Internet can be useful, though, in certain situations. For example: if you lost the park map, you could access a PDF version by going online.

dazzle_v2003

I thought DLP was rolling out Free WiFi across the park this year after rolling out across the Hotels. I'm sure I remember people commenting that there was Wifi in the parks. I may be remembering incorrectly though.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on September 24, 2015, 04:47:13 PM
I thought DLP was rolling out Free WiFi across the park this year after rolling out across the Hotels. I'm sure I remember people commenting that there was Wifi in the parks. I may be remembering incorrectly though.
It would be a good addition.

For instance, I went to Edinburgh Zoo this year and we lost our map. Thanks to the zoo's free WiFi, we were able to get hold of the online PDF.

mickey1980

Meh.. Would be nice as a service if they added it. But I don't see the need.
For the village and hotels i see the added value as it's a place where you'd expect to find WiFi.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018