Hotel meal plan vouchers use at face value?

Started by Jacquellie, September 10, 2015, 06:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacquellie

Hi all, if we go Hotel meal plan full board can we use the lunch vouchers, which are only for counter service, at face value in higher grade restaurants? If so, what are they worth?
I know for dinner we can only eat at our hotel - Cheyenne. I'm happy with counter service but want to go to Agrabah, which requires standard plan vouchers.
Six weeks to go and we are totally skint so trying to make best use of our resources. Can't decide on hotel full board to make sure we all get fed, or standard half board to go to town once a day and scrimp by on lunch.
I'm not a big eater and neither is my 3 year old DD but my DH requires three meals a day and good ones at that! He loves Agrabah and is main reason for returning to DLP altogether so we have to go really.
Thanks in advance for help.

stifle

Full board hotel lunch vouchers from HSF and Cheyenne are worth €13 for an adult or €6 for a child. That's less than half the cost of Agrabah Café/Plaza Gardens/Restaurant des Stars. So you'll have a fair amount more to pay.

If you're expecting to want to eat at a buffet for lunch most days then consider upgrading from Hotel full board to Standard full board – the difference is €11 per adult and €4 per child per day. The alternative would be using Standard half board and then working in your Pause Gourmande vouchers.

Jacquellie

Thanks for this - you've made this much simpler to make a decision.   :)

Jacquellie

Hi all, apparently you CANNOT use the lunch vouchers on the hotel meal plan at face value. I'm just back from the travel agent who called Disney to add a meal plan to our booking. I asked her to double check we could use the lunch vouchers in higher grade eateries than counter service (if we liked) and pay the difference. The woman at Disney insisted we could not. Apparently there have been a lot of disappointed people trying to do just that.
I made it clear I didn't mean the DINNER vouchers; obviously they are just for the hotel.
You can only use vouchers at face value for the standard grade vouchers and upwards.
I just want to warn folk so no-one gets caught out - as it seems I would have been!  :-[