Pause Gourmande?

Started by Mamaboogie, July 03, 2015, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamaboogie

We have been given the half board plus meal plan as part of our package.

Does anyone know where you can get the Pause Gourmande from? And what does it usually consist of?

stifle

A quick search would have revealed all you need to know – the coupons are valid between 3-7pm daily at indoor counter service restaurants in both parks. Each one is good for a doughnut or almond Magnum, plus a drink (0.5 litre soft drink or 0.2 litre hot drink).

Mamaboogie

I have done a quick search and got that info already!  ???

I just wondered if there was a list of places that accepted the vouchers?

stifle

All indoor counter service restaurants in the parks accept them. The names of the restaurants where they're valid are also printed on the vouchers.

polar vixen

We find the shop on right of main street easiest, although it's usually the busiest too.  Caseys corner accept them, or did, as do the other counter service restaurants, but depending on when you go, some of these can be closed so it's best to check in advance, there was a topic which had all the opening times and dates for the restaurants, Havinf said that be careful, we queued in what looked like a relatively short queue in fuerte del torro(?) where they actually did churros as one of the options (YUMMY!), and waited for an hour and a half to be served!  We've found it bestto queue just before three or as close to seven as possible, Parade times seem to be the busiest, and service in DLP is not quick!

Mamaboogie

I've heard that the queues can be long!

I've been looking at the menus from all the quick service places and most of them seem to offer Pause Gourmande or a teatime treat - but I read somewhere else that the places you can actually use the vouchers are limited! Ah well, I guess I will find out when I get there!

polar vixen

Yeah,  most of the places offer pause gourmands but only offer specific deals on the vouchers. You can skates ask,  but remember that it has to be a counter service restaurant place. Not just one of the snack stops, cause they won't accept then

Mamaboogie

Jacquellie

We had frustrating time with the GP in October 2014. The obvious contenders for coffee and sweet treat are the little takeaway barrows dotted about. They sell tea time treats - but they don't take the vouchers. We had to go into incongruous venues, such as the fish and chips restaurant Toad Hall and there was always a massive queue as everyone's trying to do same thing at same time.
Blockbuster cafe in The studios took the GP vouchers. I think the trick is to plan your GPs as well as your restaurants. Trying to just be spontaneous (by say, grabbing a coffee as soon as you fancy one) just doesn't seem to work at Disney.

polar vixen

Just back and found it not too bad at all. Chalet de marionette was the best never a queue. And they also let us have fruit cups as my kids can't have gluten or milk. Soooo much better than last time! Just avoid going good to Casey's corner at five before the parade as that's what everyone seems to do!