picking up park tickets.

Started by cazdow, August 26, 2015, 08:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cazdow

Hi im staying in the nearby area at a hotel on Sunday 20th of September . The idea being that we spend the evening in the village have dinner look at shops, and get in to park for EMH next day. I spoke to Disney who said the earliest i can pick my tickets for park up is 8 am on the 21st (first day of my Disney stay) ideally i would love to get them night before but would i be able to? has anyone done that before.

HildeKitten

I don't think it's possible to pick them up the night before as you have to pick them up on the day you  check in.
BUT, that said, all hotel guest are entitled to the entirety of EMH, so it would strike me as very strange that you can only get them from 8am onwards.
Previously when I stayed at a Disney hotel (admittedly not since 2010), we always made sure to arrive around 7am and immediately pick up our tickets and paperwork. It was _always_ fine, and we were always in the park around 8am.

So the "starting 8am" seems wrong to me, I think you should be able to get them sooner, definitely around 7am.

cazdow

Thanks I get their as early as possible hopefully their being really fast and we get to do Emh that day.

michaelj1973

Hilde,
I think cazdow is not staying at a Disney Hotel. So he/she has to pick the park up tickets at the entrance.
And I even think he/she is not allowed to enter at the EMH. Or do partner hotels also offer the EMH?
But if cazdow is staying at a Disney Hotel he/she could pick the tickets up at that hotel.

HildeKitten

You're welcome :)
I'm not sure why they even said that, it makes no sense to me.
isn't a general rule for hotels that you can check in as soon as reception properly opens that day?
Sure you probably won't be able to get into your room before 3pm, but who cares, there's a free and safe luggage holding department at the hotel for a reason :D
(or you can leave it in the car if that works)

HildeKitten

Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 26, 2015, 09:35:00 AM
Hilde,
I think cazdow is not staying at a Disney Hotel. So he/she has to pick the park up tickets at the entrance.
And I even think he/she is not allowed to enter at the EMH. Or do partner hotels also offer the EMH?
But if cazdow is staying at a Disney Hotel he/she could pick the tickets up at that hotel.

They did mention a Disney stay, so I'm assuming they are staying onsite for that part of their stay.
But yes, if they are not staying on site, I'm guessing the 8am start is correct.

cazdow

Sorry I didn't make it clear we of site first night as book a hotel outside we staying in dcr Monday and Tuesday

HildeKitten

So you are staying in a Disney hotel the days you go to the park right?
In that case you should be able to pick up your tickets at the hotel reception when you check in, before 8am.

HildeKitten

Because I'm staying off site next month and wanted to make sure I just rang DLP.
The lady on the phone assured me that as all receptions are open 24/7, you can check in from 1 minute after midnight on the first day of your stay. You won't be able to get in the room 'till 3pm though (unless there is a room available earlier, but don't count on that).

So if you are e.g. staying in DLP September 2nd and 3rd, you could go to your hotel at 00.01am on the 1st and check in.
So if you stick around super late that evening in the Village, you can go check into your hotel just past midnight and collect your park tickets to enjoy EMH :)

Or you can just make sure to be at the reception 6.30/7am and check in then that should (if there isn't a massive queue, but that's not something I can see happen off peak on a week day to be honest) be able to get into the Disneyland Park at 8am :)

cazdow

That great thank you . Don't know why the lady of the phone said eight then.

HildeKitten

I think she got mistaken with park entry times, which are 8am for hotel guests.
But in any case you have options to make it to EMH :)

Caz

Hi Cazdow , just seen this post. I emailed DCR direct and it was they who told me tickets could be collected from 10pm the night before. We didn't end up doing that as we walked to the Village and didn't want to lose our parking spot outside the hotel in Val d'Europe but early in the morning was fine too.

Once again, have a fab time, I'm very jealous! ;)
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

never2old

Quote from: Caz on September 10, 2015, 03:57:36 PM
Hi Cazdow , just seen this post. I emailed DCR direct and it was they who told me tickets could be collected from 10pm the night before. We didn't end up doing that as we walked to the Village and didn't want to lose our parking spot outside the hotel in Val d'Europe but early in the morning was fine too.

Once again, have a fab time, I'm very jealous! ;)

Thanks for that info, I thought we had to wait until the morning of the 1st day of our stay! Good to know!!

stifle

Don't be too certain – I've also seen reports that they're available from midnight or from 8am.

Caz

This is the reply I received to my email

"Your tickets will be available from 10PM on the 20th of July and the reception is opened 24 hours.
Best Regards,
Justine

Front Office
Disney's Davy Crockett "

Maybe this was specifically for us because I asked, probably best to directly check with/request from your hotel beforehand.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008