Disneyland Hotel

Started by Karen101, August 19, 2015, 05:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasxalis1987

O-k......As you requested i will be honest.
I stayed at Disneyland Hotels 3 times in a row. If its your first time, just go for it. You will love it!!!!!  :) Its really, really nice.My eyes were blinking all that time!!!!
However...(here it comes)....the third time i got there, i left with a really bad impression. Heres why.
I visited the hotel on December last year, almost one week before Christmas.
It took them 6 hours to get our luggage's in our rooms!!!!6 hours i tell you!!!!!Outrageous!!!!
I had to wait like 15 minutes in a que infront of the reception, since there was only 1 lady over there, and other people were getting infont of me...anw....And when (finally) it was me, the lady told me ''wait for 2 minutes please'' because she was talking with a colleague of her. ......what a service!!!!
For every night we were having dinner at Inventions restaurant, which is in the hotel offering buffet, and they were offering re-heated food. COME ON!!!!!!! Reheated food?On a 5 star?!?!?!?!?!?! I paid 650 Euros for each night for that trip! (i stayed there for 5 nights)
On top of that, the aircon in our room was not functioning properly, and it could not heat the room enough. Told that to the reception, but nothing happened.
Yeap, all the above happened in a 5 star hotel, which is supposed to offer top quality services.
During my first two visits nothing of that had happened. Everything was fine. And before you say that it might be because they were having too many clients, please note that my second trip was on the 1st of January 2014. The place was full of people!!!!!And nothing like that happened.
So.....yes.Thats my (honest) opinion.
Will i go there again?
Yes.I will give a second chance. BUT, no more. I am not willing to spend 2500-3000 Euros just for a hotel with the service of a 0,5 star and a decoration of a 5 star. Yes, the decoration is nice, (its fantastic actually) BUT the service was miserable.

.....i am deeply sorry if i have ruined your expectations but you asked for our honest opinion.
What ever you decide i wish that you and your family will have lots of fun though.
Best wishes!  :D

mickey1980

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 19, 2015, 08:39:02 PM
Those cocktails are €17 a piece, and really nice in my opinion. ;) But yes, Bar Fantasia is quite pricey, though the same goes for all the bars in the hotels I imagine. There may be a price difference, but it won't be too huge.

I couldn't resist and checked it out. Between Sequoia (where we normally stay) and DLH the price difference for the same would be exactly €10. Not as shocking as I initially thought be still quite the difference  ;D

I think besides the location and better breakfast options I just don't see the added value. Why this hotel is 5 stars. And Sequoia is 3 stars. Same room, bathroom, pool. The rest is against a additional fee and available to anyone.

Also, I kinda like to walk through the village and along lake Disney after a busy day in the park. But that's just my personal preference.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

DisneyRon

Quote from: mickey1980 on August 24, 2015, 12:28:31 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on August 19, 2015, 08:39:02 PM
Those cocktails are €17 a piece, and really nice in my opinion. ;) But yes, Bar Fantasia is quite pricey, though the same goes for all the bars in the hotels I imagine. There may be a price difference, but it won't be too huge.

I couldn't resist and checked it out. Between Sequoia (where we normally stay) and DLH the price difference for the same would be exactly €10. Not as shocking as I initially thought be still quite the difference  ;D

I think besides the location and better breakfast options I just don't see the added value. Why this hotel is 5 stars. And Sequoia is 3 stars. Same room, bathroom, pool. The rest is against a additional fee and available to anyone.

Also, I kinda like to walk through the village and along lake Disney after a busy day in the park. But that's just my personal preference.

Well, you do get a hotel Fastpass by default at the DLH, though you can get those too at Sequoia if you stay in the Golden Forest Club. ;)

MattR

Regarding the stars Disney never said that the Disneyland Hotel would be a five star hotel, they use keys.

My assumption is that the keys do not really match the star categories for which a different catalogue per country exists but I was too lazy so far to compare the one for France with what the Disney hotels have to offer.

pasxalis1987

Quote from: MattR on August 24, 2015, 01:09:56 PM
Regarding the stars Disney never said that the Disneyland Hotel would be a five star hotel, they use keys.

My assumption is that the keys do not really match the star categories for which a different catalogue per country exists but I was too lazy so far to compare the one for France with what the Disney hotels have to offer.
Fair enough....I agree on that.
But what other category of hotels charges more than 20 euros for a small pizza and 6 Euros for a bottle of water.
Or charges nearly 600 Euros per night.
.....sounds like a 5 star hotel charges....
Excuse my ignorance, i do not want to sound aggresive (i am sorry if i do), but in my country we say ''You get what you pay for''. And i believe that its not our exclusive quote, this might be heard in other countries as well.
So if i am paying the price of a 5 star, i am expecting to get the service of a five star. Just because its right at the entrance of the park it does not justify the high charges.
This is my personal opinion, and please bear in mind that i have been there 3 times in a row. Two in 2013, 1 in 2014 and i am thinking of going there again.

Rapunzel1

It is not worth it. It doesn't provide the service you might expect. The check in was quite rude. She ignored us and talked to her co workers and gave us our keys without even looking at us. It was a surprise to us. Such an expensive hotel but no special service at all.

The room is not that special. The breakfast room is noisy and very busy (even in March). The food is o.k. but again it is nog that different from the other hotels. We never eat hot breakfast so we never miss it.

The location is perfect but we did miss the walk around the lake. We prefer the other hotels.

Karen101

its great to get all opinions to be honest :) and i asked for the honest ones!

what a terrible service you got on your last visit ... however the fact that you had two wonderful stays previous to that it doesnt worry me too much :) ive spoken to several people who stayed and loved it!

We were there in 2014 for Halloween and stayed at the Cheyenne and the service left a little to be desired but ... ya know what ... its Disney ... so i dont let the little things put me off too much hahaha

this is going to be a very special trip, as its my mothers first trip so the handy sake of staying at the Disneyland hotel right on the gates ... well its just wonderful :)

MattR

Quote from: pasxalis1987 on August 24, 2015, 01:21:58 PM
Quote from: MattR on August 24, 2015, 01:09:56 PM

Fair enough....I agree on that.
But what other category of hotels charges more than 20 euros for a small pizza and 6 Euros for a bottle of water.
Or charges nearly 600 Euros per night.
.....sounds like a 5 star hotel charges....
Excuse my ignorance, i do not want to sound aggresive (i am sorry if i do), but in my country we say ''You get what you pay for''. And i believe that its not our exclusive quote, this might be heard in other countries as well.
So if i am paying the price of a 5 star, i am expecting to get the service of a five star. Just because its right at the entrance of the park it does not justify the high charges.
This is my personal opinion, and please bear in mind that i have been there 3 times in a row. Two in 2013, 1 in 2014 and i am thinking of going there again.

That is excactly the problem you don´t get what you pay for. At first it looks like a five star hotel but it isn´t. But if you don´t look very close you might not even realize that they never promised five star service. I had offers as high as the "le bristol hotel" in the center of Paris and then we are talking five star service.

For me the only selling points are location, location and maybe style if you are into the Disney chic. Other than that you get nearly the same breakfast, nearly the same additional services e.g. from the "new york hotel" for half of the price.

Nevertheless if you want the maximum Disney experience it is the hotel to choice in DLP.

Seminole00

If you can afford it, I would do it. We've done the New York and the DLH, and the logical part of me says twice as much is not worth it, but my heart always tells me to go to the DLH!