Self catering and/or suites?

Started by stationmaster, August 25, 2015, 06:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster

Quote from: c3po on August 26, 2015, 12:25:37 PM
Just some input on the Disneyland Hotel. We spent 5 nights in a family room there last year as a group of 5. It was far from cramped. I think it's very expensive for what you get, but as we were travelling with a 3-year-old it was fantastic to be able to get in and out of the parks very quickly. If I had a 7-month-old and could afford it, I'd choose it again.

As my little boy is 4 now, and out of the stroller, we'll be staying elsewhere this year.

Great feedback, thanks. Was the layout 2 double beds plus cot?I'm just conscious that if the 7 month old isn't a great sleeper it could be a long few nights with all of us in the one room!

Karen101

We have booked a family room with terrace in the disneyland hotel, and i am pretty sure it will more then meet our needs.

my sister in law just came back and had a family room in the DLH - standard - it was for her, her husband, her two kids and her mother and there was plenty of room for all of them ... she was very happy.  her youngest child is 18 months and she was very happy with the space.

MattR

The castle club rooms are just regular rooms on the castle club floor. I am not sure, but I think there are no family rooms on this level. So the rooms are actually smaller than the bigger rooms on the regualr floors.

We once had the Tinker Bell Suite which had a separate bedroom and the possibility to sleep in the living room as well.

I personally would recommend booking a few rooms with connecting doors.

Seminole00

We stayed in the Castle Club in April this year. First night in a standard room, next three upgraded into a suite due to our four year olds remarkable snoring! I believe the standard rooms are no different to the non castle club ones. It's not cheap, even upgrading at the hotel you can double the price of a standard room but worth it to us as we didn't sleep a wink the first night. You also run the risk of availability.

If you children like the characters, then the Castle Club breakfast has them in attendance and they will spend loads of time with you. Plus you get a VIP fast pass. Oh, and you get the afternoon tea and free hot and cold non alcoholic drinks.  We watched the fireworks from the lounge on the last night, that was lovely.