Identification

Started by casemor, August 25, 2015, 09:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

casemor

Hi. Do you need to present any identification when checking in at a Disney hotel. We are staying at a caravan site but will be travelling to Disney half way through our holiday and returning to the caravan site for the last 2 nights of our holiday. I was going to leave all documents at the site (passports etc) but didn't know if I needed to take one or all for checking in purposes. Hope this makes sense.

Mileto

Last times I don't remember they needed to look at our identity cards. I just wrote on a paper our address, mail and signed all of this.
But I think in another country it's not a good idea to leave your personal documents at a caravan.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

casemor

Thanks for the reply. I am going to leave them in a safety deposit box at the not not in the caravan itself. I should have put that really.

polar vixen

Maybe check with the hotel?  When we check into davy crocckett, they always ask to see our passports

Mollieben

We had to show one passport at the Cheyenne at check in x

MattR

You should always be able to prove your ID when traveling abroad. In France they can keep you in detention (garde à vue) if you can´t proove your ID in case you get into contact with the police.

Mileto

That's what I wanted to point out, MattR. Good that you wrote it directly to be clear.
I never move abroad without having my ID card in the pocket. It's not a point of the safe box in the caravan.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stifle

Quote from: MattR on August 25, 2015, 09:50:26 AM
You should always be able to prove your ID when traveling abroad. In France they can keep you in detention (garde à vue) if you can´t proove your ID in case you get into contact with the police.
Yes, I was about to post this. In many countries including France it is de facto mandatory for adults to carry ID at all times.

When I've stayed, if memory serves the lead guest on each room was asked for ID but the other guests were not.

Karen101

you should always have some form of ID on you when traveling in France.

the lead passenger for the book always needed to show their passport when checking in the twice we have been before.

Disney Matt

The person who makes the booking has to show their Passport upon checking in
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Joey

Yes, you will definitely need a passport upon checking in. All members of the party needed to be checked upon my last visit.
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

HildeKitten

I've always had to show my passport at check-in.
Actually a lot of EU countries (I know this is a fact in Belgium) require you to have some form of legal ID on you at all times if you leave the house/hotel.
Not that it ever gets checked mind, but still.

Puffin

Most Disney Hotels have safety deposit boxes too, I think.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

arvidbux

Quote from: Puffin on August 25, 2015, 11:40:08 PM
Most Disney Hotels have safety deposit boxes too, I think.
It is one of the standard amenities of the hotels. But you can always check the appropiate hotel page;
- http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/hotels/disneys-sequoia-lodge/services-amenities/
(and not only DLP also DLR and WDW. Heck I have never stayed at a hotel which didn't offer some type of safe or locker box in the room)