Tower of terror tour

Started by SoundSoldier, August 25, 2015, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundSoldier

Hi,

I really want to know who did this tour and what I can expect for 25 euro's.
I'm always interested in Rod serlings 'twilight zone' and certainly the attraction.

Please share your experience, I don't need to know every detail because Why should i pay for it..
Is it worth it?

greetings!

Wedmad

Hello

It was me who mentioned doing the tour in the thread about the Magic kingdom tour.

It's late tonight, so i will do a full trip report tomorrow night.

Paul

Wedmad

Hello all

As requested a trip report of the behind the scenes tour of the tour of terror.

We did this tour on our trip at the end of May this year.

We found out about the tour as it was on the back of the park guide leaflet you pick up at the park entrance.

We booked the tour at city hall at the magic kingdom, cost being 25 euros each.

The tour was only available Wednesday and Saturday mornings. We were instructed to present our selfs at the studios guest relations door at the right hand side of the main park gates for 8.30am.

When we arrived the cast member was very concerned that we were English as the tour only runs in French. I don't know how many people they allow to do this tour at one time, and if there was French speakers present in the group then the tour would be all in French as there would be no time to do it in both languages. We were lucky as there was only us and the cast member and ourselfs were happy to give it a go in English. The cast member was very worried that her English would not be good enough, she was great.

After we had sorted the language issues out she asked us to go to the turnstile were she would meet us, it was at this point it got very cool. There was already guests queuing to get in the park which we were ushered through and let into the park. The cast member (sorry can not remember her name) then took our photos by the mickey fountain with no one else about. It was at this point she made it clear that the park was not yet 'open' so we may see delivery/maintenance vehicles/cast members still working in the park.

We then when into studio 1, very cool with no one there but all the lights and music running. The cast member give us an inside to the theme and history of both stuido 1 and the plaza out side. She then talked about the architecture leading up to the tower. We then entered the tower where she explanation the theme and many of the details hidden there which relate to episodes of the twilight zone.

We then entered the library and again was shown the hidden details of items relating to episodes of the show. This was cool as when you go on the ride normally you are 'rusted' through the room with not time to take in all the detail.
The TV presentation of the back story was played as per a normal ride.

We then entered the boiler room and again was shown the details, I knew some of them but most of what we were shown was new to me. The boiler room is one of my favourite themed area at the park so to be there on your own was excellent and just added to the theme.

We then made our way to the lift, as most of you already know the tower has some of the best cast members of all the rides and this morning was no exception, the bell hope was excellent for our own personal ride on the tower.

After our ride our guide rejoined us and showed again the hidden detail in the cabinets by the ride photos screens.

She then gave us a tower hotel key, key ring, yes I know you can buy these in the shop but I think it was a nice touch to the end of the tour. The tour finished at 10am just as the park was opening.

Do I think the tour was worth it, you bet it was just to see the park with no one in, the information was excellent and I would recommend the tour, just watch out for what could be a language issue.

Enjoy........ Paul and julia

[attachment deleted by admin]

michaelj1973

Wow nice if only they did English tours as my french is a bit rough. I can understand a bit, but not everything.

arvidbux

Quote from: Wedmad on August 26, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
It was at this point she made it clear that the park was not yet 'open' so we may see delivery/maintenance vehicles/cast members still working in the park.

As this was the case, were you allowed to take pictures yourself? We had a tour in California Adventure (DLR) before the park opened and we were asked to either leave phones and cameras in our rooms or to leave it with the cast member.