Park tickets - best place to buy?

Started by Jo68, August 05, 2015, 11:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo68

Good morning all,

With a month to go and the transport and hotel booked, I now need to concentrate on booking park tickets.

Queries are anyone know how much the tickets cost in the hotel we are staying in the Dream castle buy once we are there and in euros.
Buy on the gate in euros but will I have to buy one then for my daughter who will be three on the first day in the park as we arrive late the evening before?

Speak to French relative and see if they can buy them cheaper and will it be cheaper to buy annual pass although I'm not sure it would be used again?

My brain is in Disney overdrive aargh  :) :)

stifle

Jo68

Mileto

You can check and buy from the french site, there is an offer in the moment.

For dates 10, 11, 14 - billet mini - adult EUR 47/child EUR 40 (3-11 years)
For dates 12, 13 - billet magic - EUR 59/EUR 52

http://idf-parc.disneylandparis.fr/billets/billet-ete.html

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

HildeKitten

If I were going for 4 days and needed tickets, I'd just go back to having a Dream AP.
I used to have them and those things pretty much pay for themselves :)
well in my case they did :)

Last October I paid € 45 for a mini ticket for ONE park.
If I needed 4, that would be € 180, which is nearly the price of a Dream AP.
A Dream AP on the other hand would allow me to go to both parks, and a both parks mini tickets then was 60 per day, so the AP would be cheaper ticket wise.
Add to that the discount on food and merch, and it's not only paid for itself, but actually made sure I saved money.

If you would buy tickets via Disney at € 45 per day, you'd be at the same price as the Dream AP I think, in which case you will save money having one because you'll get discount on your shopping and food :)
So even if it's just for this trip, it'll be practical to have :)

And that's just with my quick calculation based on Disney's ticket prices, do double check yourself to be sure!

stifle

Fantasy Annual Passport €179 (€161 with sponsorship) per guest.

3 year old needs one as well.

The prices posted above by Mileto assume you only go to one park on any given day and do not include Extra Magic Hours. The Fantasy passport does allow both parks and EMH.

No need for Dream (€223 per guest) unless you propose to spend more than €440 on merchandise.

Jo68

Thanks everyone
Who knew park tickets could be so confusing.
So 161 euros is approx £112 so that's cheaper already. How do I get sponsorship?  Can I pay with credit card on the French site

Thanks again

Jo68

I now wish I had done French in school would have been useful for trying to work out ticket site. Anyone who can translate and point me in the right direction and let me know about sponsorship and if anyone is willing to do it for us that would be fab.

A&S&O

Ditto what everyone says about annual passes, PLUS it will give you free parking. AND, you can use it again at Christmas, Easter, next summer etc.!!

If you are looking for sponsorship, add your dates to the thread - "Annual Passports — questions and privileges", someone may be there at the same time as you. The best process seems to be: each of your party buys a day ticket, then meet your sponsor at the passport office in the park and pay the difference to upgrade your day ticket to an AP.

If you are in the UK, have a look at the following sites as they do APs for children (they do not sell these at the park) supertrips.net (adult £126, 1 adult + 1 child = £204), www.discount-ticket-store.com (child £80, adult £127).

Personally, and depending on how many are in your party, I would get a child's AP from one of the websites above (maybe combined with an adult AP) then get the rest through sponsorship at the park. You have a few weeks to find a sponsor, but if you can't find one, buy them all from one of the websites.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

stifle

Quote from: Jo68 on August 05, 2015, 08:35:42 PM
Thanks everyone
Who knew park tickets could be so confusing.
So 161 euros is approx £112 so that's cheaper already. How do I get sponsorship?  Can I pay with credit card on the French site

Thanks again

If you want to use sponsorship you need to pay at the park, not online. You need to find someone who will be physically at the park on the day you want to buy the passes, and meet them at some stage during the day at the Bureau Passeport Annuel (between Plaza Gardens and Discoveryland) to complete the formalities, sign the paperwork, have your photos taken, and obtain your permanent annual passports.

You can either meet the sponsor outside the park, pay the price in full at the ticket office and get a voucher which admits you to the park and is exchangeable for the annual passport, or pay for a 1 day ticket and then hand that in and pay the difference at the bureau.