Expedia Hotel and Ticket Purchase Question

Started by kcaronna, August 05, 2015, 05:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcaronna

Hello all, I am so grateful to have found this forum!
I am meeting my parents in France in a month and decided to stay a night at Disneyland.  I booked through Expedia, but i have a couple questions.  I called twice and got two sort-of different answers so I figured I would try here and see if anyone else had a similar experience and how it went:

I am staying at Cheyenne for one night.
I booked a room that includes half board and tickets.
My question is- are the tickets good for both check in and check out day, or do I have to pick a day?

Thank you in advance to anyone who has had this circumstance in the past!

kcaronna

A little more info:
this is what it looks like on the expedia webpage booking page.
Free Cancellation until Wed, Aug 26
Half board
Free Parking
Disney Tickets
No Expedia booking or credit card fees

DisneyDuckLover

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

stifle

You would normally get tickets for both days, but the only way to be sure is to pick up the phone to Expedia and ask.

kcaronna

Thank you!
I did call both Expedia and the hotel directly.  The hotel didn't have the confirmation yet but indicated it was one ticket per day, not night.  Expedia kept reading back what my booking said, which didn't help.  However, it does appear that the halfboard option caused the line item to go too long and truncated the part that held the clarification I needed. The non-half board option (less $56) states "Buffalo - Incl.1 Ticket p.person p.day " so I think I am good.  I will double check once I have a Disney confirmation ID.  Thank you for your replies!

A&S&O

Hotel stays usually give tickets for day of arrival and day of departure (and all days in between!).

I don't know what time you plan on getting to the hotel, but you can check in early (your room won't be ready) and pick up your park tickets straight away.
Someone might be able to clarify if you can even pick up your park tickets the day before and use the for Magic Hours on your day of arrival.

Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?