Best restaurants for family disney fun

Started by just cant wait, June 26, 2015, 12:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just cant wait

Has anyone got any dining recommendations please. I will be travelling with DH and DD who will be 6 while we are there. Staying at sequia lodge in September and have a half board plan.
We are intending to do a lunch at Auberge with the princesses as although reviews seem mixed my daughter is a huge princess fan so hoping this will be a magical birthday treat with guaranteed princesses.
Looking for recommendations for other meals that will provide a good disney experience. Not too bothered about other character meals more about restaurant theming and menus.
Thanks in advance.

LotsoHugginBear

Best theming in my opinion at Blue Lagoon - don't miss this restaurant! And of course Chez Remy.
Check out the menu first, so you can find out if you like the food there,

polar vixen

I second chez Remy, watch ratatouille before you go! Personally we love plaza gardens and silver spur steakhouse, the ambience of both is lovely, although perhaps more appealing to nostalgic grown ups, plaza gardens is great cod you don't have to wait for food and there's always plenty of choice for younger ones, especially deserts, Annette's singer is supposed to be lots of fun but id try to avoid typical meal times so you don't have to queue. If your budget can stretch to it, pay the extra and go to inventions, all meals there note include characters, and they are much better than meeting then wandering in the park cos there's no pushing and shoving at inventions

Mrsya

We like a nice fun themed restaurant too and would recommend Blue Lagoon (ask for a beach table), cafe Mickey, and the rainforest cafe. For a quick bite to eat Lucky Nugget and colonel Hathi's are both good

HildeKitten

If you would like to meet characters it can also be done in the park in a pushing and shoving free way, as long as you stick to the characters that actually have a queue.

As for themed restaurants, they are all good in their own way when it comes to theming, it honestly depends what your daughter is into most :)

just cant wait

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. Will take a closer look at some of these 😃

AmyT14

We got back last week, we ate at Auberge and my daughter absolutely adored it, it's definitely a magical place.

We also loved Cafe Mickey (we upgraded and had breakfast there, was also staying at Sequoia lodge), my middle daughter adored Rainforest Cafe as she is a huge animal fan and personally I loved Buzz's Pizza Planet!! It's cheap and cheerful, I love pizza and pasta and Toy Story so it was perfect! Also had a play area for the little ones.

As someone else said, I think it just depends what it is you're after as all the theming seemed to be brilliant but if you hate Toy Story then pizza planet wouldn't be for you etc and my daughters aren't Ratatouille fans and hated the ride so Chez Remy wouldn't have worked for us!!

twentythingamabobs

Personally I think Inventions can't be beaten  :) it has been absolutely perfect everytime we have visited and the character interaction is amazing!

deltaandthebannermen

We had a character lunch in Inventions which was completely worth the money and we had a great selection of characters.  The food was really nice too and a really good range of stuff for the kids.

Annette's Diner is great, but then I adore diners and that kind of food.

We also ate at Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost which was good and my son loved his Mickey shaped pizza.  The lasagne was a bit overcooked but was still tasty.

We ate in the counter service place opposite the river boat port (can't remember what it is called) and that had a nice pulled pork wrap thing.

There are so many places that serve food and we always found something for our kids (and my son can be fairly fussy - he doesn't even eat chips!)  and I wasn't disappointed with anything we ate.  It was all tasty and presentable.