Accomodation question

Started by rocker, June 24, 2015, 03:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker

Planning one last trip in early September to DLP before my daughter starts school.  I'm will be going with parents & my daughter.

We'd like to stay at a Disney hotel, if we can stretch our budget.  We'd like to get a room the has a separate bedroom (twin or double or bunks all fine).  My daughter & I are happy to do a sofa bed in the living area, but my parents would need a separate room to sleep in.

We won't have a car with us so Davy Crockett Ranch is out (as I understand you must have your own car to get here).  Santa Fe family room looks OK, but works out a bit expensive for us.  Anyone think of any other options to stay on site with a separate bedroom that will not break the bank? 

Anyone with experience of the other DLP hotels know if they have any rooms with separate bedroom areas?

I have resigned myself to the fact that we'll probably end up staying in an apartment in Val d'Europe & I know it's quite a big ask, I just quite fancied the free half board offer & wondered if anyone had any ideas how we might be able to stay on site?

all advice appreciated  :)
R

Mileto

Hard question, because Santa Fe and Cheyenne are the cheapest Disney hotels on site.
How old is your daughter?

Maybe you will end up staying near the resort.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

rocker

she's 4.  she can sleep anywhere & we can bring our own air bed for her even...

polar vixen

Two rooms at santa fe or Cheyenne may be your cheapest potion,  cheaper than the family room anyway,  and is worth considering how much you'd end up spending on food if staying ons site......

thatgirlkatie

If you find the disney hotels are too expensive, look at the Hipark Val d'Europe. It's only a 20 min walk to the park, with a free shuttle bus. Also an apart-hotel rather than just a hotel room, so you could even save money and do your own breakfast.  The only downside is you won't get the EMH but it's still worth investigating in if your budget doesn't stretch to the hotels!
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

stifle

Have you checked other countries' sites such as Ireland or France?

glenn

Although not a Disney hotel,the magic circus hotel do family rooms,and if
you book direct with the vi hotels site it works out very reasonable.

rocker

Quote from: thatgirlkatie on June 24, 2015, 05:43:20 PM
If you find the disney hotels are too expensive, look at the Hipark Val d'Europe. It's only a 20 min walk to the park, with a free shuttle bus. Also an apart-hotel rather than just a hotel room, so you could even save money and do your own breakfast.  The only downside is you won't get the EMH but it's still worth investigating in if your budget doesn't stretch to the hotels!

good shout... HiPark booked...and at a great rate too ---> £330 for 5 nights in a suite...sweet!  8)

thatgirlkatie

Quote from: rocker on June 29, 2015, 02:11:58 PM
Quote from: thatgirlkatie on June 24, 2015, 05:43:20 PM

good shout... HiPark booked...and at a great rate too ---> £330 for 5 nights in a suite...sweet!  8)

Just some advice, there is a massive supermarket near the hotel, buy extra toilet paper and kitchen stuff, I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's €1 for extra toilet paper and stuff!
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: thatgirlkatie on June 30, 2015, 11:35:38 PM

Just some advice, there is a massive supermarket near the hotel, buy extra toilet paper and kitchen stuff, I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's €1 for extra toilet paper and stuff!

It is!! They gave us 1 roll of toilet paper for 4 people for 4 days! They charge you to change your towels as well  :o

I have been there soo many times and never ventured anywhere other than Disney - how do you get to the supermarket from HiPark, do you know?

samuelvictor

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on July 01, 2015, 10:11:56 AM
I have been there soo many times and never ventured anywhere other than Disney - how do you get to the supermarket from HiPark, do you know?

Super easy - just walk down the main street in the direction away from the lake, towards the Adagio apparthotel, in a straight line. Go into the main entrance of the shopping centre and vallee village and just walk through the maind shopping centre (not the "village" street). The supermarket is called Auchan and has a robin on the logo - you can't miss it.

Once in the supermarket, do a quick sweep around the whole shop, and you'll find that there is a separate area with different colour signs and price stickers (I think they are orange, if memory serves) where all the cheap/own brand versions of the food/drink/necessities are kept. Most stuff there is under a euro and is very good quality. We certainly had no complaints and its much cheaper to shop in this section. 

The whole shopping area of Val d'europe is defintiely worth exploring, lots of stuff and great prices in the main shopping area, and a very exclusive designer shopping area in the vallee village part. There's also a Subway and two McDonalds if you fancy a cheap meal away from the Disney Parks and within walking distance of the hotel :)

[EDIT] here ya go, this link should show you the exact route on a map https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Auchan+Val+d'Europe,+Cours+du+Danube,+Serris,+France/Hipark+Serris-Val+d'Europe,+18+Cours+de+l'Elbe,+77700+Serris/@48.8565306,2.7775363,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e61d258a7396d3:0xdfc64702a471952b!2m2!1d2.777931!2d48.85521!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e61d3aafdd8135:0x71ecf04ec3206d89!2m2!1d2.786135!2d48.858434

twentythingamabobs

Oh wow, thanks Samuelvictor for all that detail! We will definitely have a wander down when we are next there (Christmas boo, it's ages away!)

samuelvictor