Pirates Closure

Started by Joey, June 21, 2015, 01:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cazdow

go on Thomas Cook disneyland Paris website.

musicaljojo

I have been but I can't see the part or page where it says about closures?

Alberto Frog

Go on the thomas cook disneyland paris page.  Choosing any one of the offers brings up a better DP page with small headings at the top. Click on the general info tab and then closures is one of the sub headings.

msRavenswood

Ruby Dawn

I feel your pain!

have to admit that the closure of Pirates would be the one non negotiable for me. I would get past my disappointment about any other ride but I definitely wouldn't book a trip during a period when Pirates is out of commission and if it was notified post booking I think I'd cry like a baby  :-[
I've just got a HUGE sentimental attachment to that ride!

Joey

Quote from: Ruby Dawn on June 25, 2015, 01:21:06 PM
I feel your pain!

have to admit that the closure of Pirates would be the one non negotiable for me. I would get past my disappointment about any other ride but I definitely wouldn't book a trip during a period when Pirates is out of commission and if it was notified post booking I think I'd cry like a baby  :-[
I've just got a HUGE sentimental attachment to that ride!

This is exactly how I feel! haha. I booked the trip back in February and the closure was only announced very recently. Totally gutted.
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

Mrsya

I can definitely empathise with you being gutted! Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be at DLP than anywhere else BUT you are absolutely allowed to be upset when one of your favourite experiences is a no-go for the duration of your trip. I'm currently trying to decide between an October or a March trip - either way, one of my kids is going to be gutted that their fav ride is shut and there's not much rational conversation going on with a 2 year old that sings IASW on a daily basis or a BTM 5 year old mega fan...!  :-\

We will have one more trip before all of the major closures next year but then the refurbishments put me off a 15 hour round trip that costs a £1000 a pop and a week spent mopping up tears and trying to explain to a 2 year old why she can see IASW but can't go on it again and again like she normally does or why Mickey has sent my son an 'invite' when his fav ride is shut...

Komble

Quote from: musicaljojo on June 24, 2015, 09:10:32 PM
Anyone have a link to this website?

I found some useful links:

http://thomascook.magicbreaks.co.uk/general-information/pool-and-attraction-closures/attraction-closure-schedule/

and the above mentioned link: http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Looking at these I think on our trip (1st - 5th February 2016) Peter Pan's Flight, Big Thunder Mountain, Thunder Messa Riverboat Landing and La Cabane Des Robinson will be closed during our stay... Is this correct?

I can't find anything about Disneyland Railroad - where did you source this info? :)