what age costumes / masks ???

Started by ilovemainstxxx, June 26, 2015, 05:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemainstxxx

Hi all

just thinking about our next holiday and son has always wanted to wear his sully onesie and sully mask to Disney but we have always been when it's hot so he never could...
i know adults carnt dress up but is there an age limit on children ? he will be 11 in july ....
also i have no idea if masks are allowed at all , i know my daughter wore a peter pan one she got there when she was 2 but that was 15 years ago now so no idea of the rules now

thanks for any help...x

stifle

As I understand it, children (in the DLP definition, aged 11 and under) are fine to wear costumes. Older guests are asked not to, in order to avoid potentially being confused with Cast Members.

A 17 year old wearing a mask might raise a few eyebrows.

ilovemainstxxx

thanks for that stifle
i knew children could wear them but wasn't sure of the age limit, so at 11 he will be ok then.....
and my 17 year old wont be wearing the mask haha your right about that , my 11 year old will with his sully costume , if masks are allowed
i have looked but all i can find is about Halloween night not just a normal day...

polar vixen

My son is 10, but big for his age,  and still dresses up,  my daughter does Disney Theming,  quite fun finding princess colours to dress in

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: polar vixen on June 26, 2015, 07:15:13 PM
My son is 10, but big for his age,  and still dresses up,  my daughter does Disney Theming,  quite fun finding princess colours to dress in

thanks polar vixen
great stuff , we too do the Disney theming as a family , but the sully onesie is a costume with tail good to know he can still wear it...just unsure on the mask
and your right it is fun putting outfits together ,me and the daughter even spot people out and about who dont even know they are doing it..haha... ;D