Pirates Closure

Started by Joey, June 21, 2015, 01:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Sad question... but how do you guys cope when your favourite ride has just been announced that it is closed for the duration of the dates you have booked?

I'm so gutted. I realise refurbishments must happen and that the resort is still amazing sans one ride. But how do you talk yourself round ? aha.
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

DLPWonders (Banned)

I'm not bothered by closures at all.
I don't let my happiness at my favourite place depend on 1 or 2 rides.
Disneyland Paris is so full of beauty and magic, and hidden gems.
There's so much to see and do, it's still the happiest place on earth, a ride or two doesn't change that.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

cazdow

We going 21st of September. I keep checking to see what's closed. Really hope all the rides that the kids want to do are open. 

moonloo

We went once when Peter Pan was closed and the children were absolutley fine besause I had warned them and also we had a little look on youtube at on ride videos for other rides to increase the excitement of those rides...
Myself on the other hand, gutted. It's not that I allow one or two rides to define the enjoyment I have of the parks, but the rides are a big part of it, so when I am spending £3000 on a trip, I kinda want to see it all and do it all...

Joey

Quote from: DLRPWonders on June 21, 2015, 01:54:00 PM
I'm not bothered by closures at all.
I don't let my happiness at my favourite place depend on 1 or 2 rides.
Disneyland Paris is so full of beauty and magic, and hidden gems.
There's so much to see and do, it's still the happiest place on earth, a ride or two doesn't change that.

Oh absolutely and by no means am I debating not going as a result. I'm just truly saddened that my absolute favourite won't be open.

Quote from: cazdow on June 21, 2015, 03:17:46 PM
We going 21st of September. I keep checking to see what's closed. Really hope all the rides that the kids want to do are open. 

Keep your eye on the Disneyland Paris website park opening hours calendar page. I think the 21st closures will now be up. Fingers crossed for you!

Quote from: moonloo on June 21, 2015, 06:36:33 PM
We went once when Peter Pan was closed and the children were absolutley fine besause I had warned them and also we had a little look on youtube at on ride videos for other rides to increase the excitement of those rides...
Myself on the other hand, gutted. It's not that I allow one or two rides to define the enjoyment I have of the parks, but the rides are a big part of it, so when I am spending £3000 on a trip, I kinda want to see it all and do it all...

Exactly! It's not at all about the money as I love Disney but a big part of why I do pay and do enjoy going is for Pirates of the Caribbean so it's a bit upsetting when it's not there. Not to mention that it's a small world will also be closed - not sure how I'm going to get my water fix! ha :(
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

glenn

I,m a bit confused about closures.
I looked on dlp guide plus dlp official site and closures mentioned on guide
are not mentioned on dlp site.

msRavenswood

Quote from: glenn on June 22, 2015, 03:58:31 PM
I,m a bit confused about closures.
I looked on dlp guide plus dlp official site and closures mentioned on guide
are not mentioned on dlp site.

Which ones are you referring to?

glenn

There isn't, anything about pirates or the steam train.

msRavenswood

Quote from: glenn on June 22, 2015, 08:01:23 PM
There isn't, anything about pirates or the steam train.

If you're talking about the long closures, they are mentioned in the Enhancement Plan http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

DisneyMAD..Woops

On the Thomas Cook disneyland paris website they have closures and crush's coaster, it's a small world, indianna jones (luckily open our first day) and casey jr are all shut when I'm there next (20th-25th september) this is our first trip since 2011 and I'm really gutted that crush's coaster is closed but there's so much else to do I think I'll be okay because we're going next year and hopefully the rides will be open then and if not, the year after. However, we have dodged a bullet because the 22nd September is my sister's birthday and we're just missing the closure of pirates of the caribbean as it's her favourite ride
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest

cazdow

I looked today im pleased that all the rides i really want are open.

cazdow

The Disney site doesn't say anything about the train being shut or casey jr but  the Thomas cook website does? which ones right?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: cazdow on June 24, 2015, 07:29:09 AM
The Disney site doesn't say anything about the train being shut or casey jr but  the Thomas cook website does? which ones right?

Not everything is always already on the Disneyland Paris website.
The Disneyland Railroad is closed from August 31st 2015 until April 2016.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

cazdow

musicaljojo

Anyone have a link to this website?