Eurostar

Started by musicaljojo, June 08, 2015, 12:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

I was looking on the DLP website and they've said £434 for the eurostar to get us to Disney, but if we book it ourselves is it cheaper?

I'm new to all of this as I've never been to Disney before, does the eurostar work in the same way as UK trains for example with the advanced train prices are cheaper than if you buy them closer to the date? Or do the Disney site get the same deals?

TappyFish

The only reason to book Eurostar through the DLP website is for "convenience". Oh, and I believe you get Disney Express included (but don't quote me). My fiancée and I are going to DLP in November and booked the Eurostar tickets ourselves direct with Eurostar. We saved nearly £200 by booking them ourselves. We were still able to choose our seats, carriage and have the option of purchasing the Disney express at an added cost.

To answer you other question, the earlier you book, the cheaper your ticket(s) will be. Disney will offer deals on tickets from time to time, but it is always better to book them yourself if you are comfortable in doing so. Also, where possible, book a direct train.

Hope this helped somewhat :)

TappyFish

We booked our Eurostar tickets here: http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en

If you'd like to see how much it would cost you to book the ticket(s) yourself, fill in the dates, choose your stations and number of passengers and see what it finds. You will be given a total price after the necessary data has been input. It's rather simple and easy to use :)

daddyof2

Yes, it's nearly always cheaper to book direct. The convenience is that you only have to make one transaction, plus you can book Eurostar further ahead via disney

littlebitofpixiedust

Everyone said what I would have about doing it yourselves  :) just one thing to add, if you do a dummy booking to get prices/availability remember the more seats that are booked the more they'll cost.
£69 pp is lowest return fare. But in past I left it 3 days (checking family could get dates of work ect? And tickets went u to £99... So if your sure on dates and its cheap don't delay!

samuelvictor

As others have said, it definitely can be cheaper to book it separately - that is what we did on our last visit. One thing to note though is that if you book a package with Disney, you will get a direct train, sometimes when booking separately through Eurostar you will have to change trains. This is what happened to us (we had to change in Lilles) and in all honesty I was mildly scared/paranoid that something would go wrong, but it was really easy and everything went perfectly smoothly, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Of course, you don't get the Disney express luggage service when booking separately, but I read somewhere that you can order this separately for around 16 euros, if this bothers you. For us, it wasn't a big deal.