Disney family nights at home - ideas please.

Started by Mrsya, April 23, 2015, 01:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Inspired by a post from Polar Vixen I thought I'd ask what you all do with your families leading up to your DLP trips (or all year long) to keep the spirit of Disney alive in your house.

We listen to Disney music at tea times and sometimes I give meals DLP themed names like cowboy stew, Mickey pizzas (yes, I chop the ears out) and fantasy land pasta. My 5 year old will eat anything if it's got a disney name!

We're 31 sleeps out and looking for some new ideas please...

Mileto

We hear a lot of Disney music. On youtube there are very good lists with theme songs, film songs, hours to last, we just switch it on.
My daughter has many songs saved on her phone, she comes back from school and begins to dance on them without rest.
We make film marathons. We visited a Disney music concert last month - it was with orchestra, live singers, big video screen and all our the favorite songs. We use all our staff we bought from DLP (glasses, tea cups, calendars and so on) every day they in front of our eyes.
We make video evenings, photo evenings, playing all this on the big TV screen.
We make mickey mouse gingerbread cookies for Christmas (and not only) , I have a special cutting form.
We have many clothes, Tshirts, bags with Disney heros.

I like the idea with the pizza, Mrsya!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Mrsya

Thanks for your reply Mileto! Maybe it's only the two of us that theme...  ;)

polar vixen

I do to I do to!  I let the kids out on Disney costumps, e have badge sorting sessions to get lanyards ready for swopting. Been buying Disney cake and sweets magazine so have a loads of special Disney cakes and biscuits,  and I keep an eye on Disney part stuff in tesco,  watching it for cheap plates / party bags etc. Part time we started about two months earlier,  they decorated amoney box with Disney pics,  and got a good Debloo (j a key and the neverland pirates) ever time they were good for school or at home etc,  then before trip they were cashed in for real Disney holiday money,  1 good coin. Equaled ten p, it was a very good incentive!

AlmostThere...

We regularly sit down to watch a film.  I bought 'now that's what I call disney' as we drove to disney and I thought it would get us in the mood, which it did, brilliantly! We carried on listening for some time after we got back when in the car but I've put it away to get it out so it's special for our next trip as I think we will be driving again x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Mileto

Great that you share all this!

One thing I forgot - it's the newest "fashion" at home, invented by my daughter. As I drive her to the dancing classes three times a week, we play a game - I sing a song wihout words (with ba-ba-ba, tra-la-la  ;D ) and she guesses from there the song is. And another game for the car - she closes eyes and I am supposed to reproduce the start of an attraction (sounds, speech, noises) and she guesses again. It's fun! But it a challenge for the driver (me  8) )

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

Uragano Tati

I usually hear Disney songs from movies and the music from the park, expecially parades and Dreams. I watch Dreams on youtube at least once a week. I make Mickey biscuits. I also have a mold to make ice with Mickey and Minnie shape (i use that to freeze lemon juice too). I often go out with my Minnie ears on (I know it's quite crazy!!!). And my car has a huge picture of the castle on, and a small picture of BTM too.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Mrsya

Yay for new ideas!  :D

Love that we're not the only family that do this!

Mileto

Haha, Uragano Tati, I've seen your car, it's great!

Uragano Tati

Ahahah!!! Thanx Mileto!!! I really love my car, I just have to give a look at it and I have that silly-smile-face!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

seraphelle

We watch more Disney than usual, listen to all the CD's, and look at photos from previous trips and watch YouTube videos. We also play the 'I'm thinking of a........' game. For example, I'm thinking of a character, based in Discoveryland. And then the kids have to take turns asking questions to get clues  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019