Just how frightening is the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

Started by RocketBabyDoll, April 09, 2007, 10:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketBabyDoll

Hi, I'm new here, so please excuse any dumbness.

I haven't been to DLRP for 9 years, but will be going in June. I really like how the RnRC is described and I'd really like to ride it, but I'm kinda scared actually. So could you please tell me how "horrible" it is? I'm not really frightened of inversions or corkscrews but mainly of high drops and curves.

Thank you :)
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

Owain

Well your in luck, this year when i went to DLRP. I went on Rock n Roller Coaster for the first time. I went on because i wanted to face my fears of that roller coaster as several times ive tried but never actually got on to the ride. The first time i was shaking through the queue and then we were asked to have the seats at the back and i felt even more scared. Then we emabarked and i was abit better, until the launch which scared me but after that i loved it i went on it 3 more times when your on the ride your ok but when you queueing you may start to get nervous.

smurfy74

I took my other half on this last november and you could feel the  nervousness, afterwards we went on it another 6 times at least during our stay. The only really scary bit is the launch. I found SPM2 more scary. Go on it its great fun

tubbsy

Went on this for the very first time in August. I am not a fan of roller coasters, but this was GREAT! Yes, I kept my eyes shut for some of it and sang at the top of my voice, but the experience was brilliant. I got off grinning and kept saying ot my better half-did I REALLY do that? And of course I had to buy the picture! :lol:  :shock:  :lol:

//http://tubbsfamily.co.uk/Disney%202006%20238.jpg

I apologise to the two nice gentlemen in front. I am sure my singing is worse than ANY coaster!

And I will go on again and try and keep my eyes open for longer this time! :P

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

RnRCj

I have a Rock n Roller Coaster site. The link is in my signature.

It has a picture of the track layout on the Info page and some videos if that's any help :lol:

Owain

Quote from: "smurfy74"I took my other half on this last november and you could feel the  nervousness, afterwards we went on it another 6 times at least during our stay. The only really scary bit is the launch. I found SPM2 more scary. Go on it its great fun

I agree Smurfy, Space Mountain is much more worse than Rock n Roller coaster because Space Mountain tends to be more wild and throws you about.

RocketBabyDoll

Thank you very much, I think I will try it out then. And nice site, RnRCj, but the videos don't work for me. The track layout still looks scary though.

Great photo, tubbsy. :lol: Those two men in front of you are wearing glasses, so would you say it's safe to keep your glasses on during the ride?
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

ailsa

I went on this ride (but still haven't been on space mountian) If you hold youre breath and close your eyes it's fine!

Kristof

QuoteIf you hold youre breath and close your eyes it's fine!

That makes it even worse if you ask me!  :lol:

ailsa

Lol it's the only way I've ever ridden rollercoasters!

RnRCj

Quote from: "RocketBabyDoll"Those two men in front of you are wearing glasses, so would you say it's safe to keep your glasses on during the ride?

I've worn my glasses all 58 times :lol:

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteIf you hold youre breath and close your eyes it's fine!

That makes it even worse if you ask me!  :lol:

Same here! It's even more scary when you can't see where you're going! Although it is pretty dark inside anyway :P

tubbsy

Ah so it WASNT you RnRCj  I was torturing with my singing! :lol:

The funny thing was, I bumped into these two fellas at the Sequoia and they were on a table behind us having tea. I really wanted to apologise to them for being so pathetic, but I was too embarressed! :oops:  :lol:

Its only a few minutes long RocketBabyDoll and afterwards you'll say "YEah! Lets do it again!" or "NEVER, EVER let me on that ride again!" But then at least you can say you were daft enough to do it! :lol:

Oh and the queue line is absolutely brilliant!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

fly_with_me_dumbo

i will never be caught on a ride that goes upside down :oops:

Jayna62

:pluto: I been on this ride a few times and my heart is pounding and my mouth goes dry before I even get onto the ride but when you're   on the ride I'll just scream my way through and when the ride ends I just want t

do it again (wanting to have the fear factor all-over again)  :D

Charlotte

eeek, rather you then me.