Swimming Trunks!

Started by jayney69, March 31, 2015, 05:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayney69

We're staying at the Newport Bay in a couple of weeks.  I understand that the swimming pool refurb is finished, but have an odd question.  I know that a lot of places in France will only let males in if they're wearing speedo type trunks rather than the longer swimming shorts.  Does anyone know if this is true of Disney?

Thanks

Mileto

I don't believe they have restrictions.

Found a foto on the net - all kind of shorts to be seen.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stecal

Hi i wore shorts in 2012 and so did a lot of others and no one said anything besides there is no way i would of worn or the world is ready to see me in a pair of budgie smugglers

LotsoHugginBear

Last Trip - October 2014 - stayed at the Ranch and two of my friends wore longer shorts at the pool - no problem at all!

HildeKitten

When we went swimming there back in 2006 both my husband and his brother wore swim shorts and that was absolutely fine :)

danogian

I think the speedo rule only applies to municipally owned pools in France, not private ones which the Disney ones are.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

jayney69

gemma2806

Yes danogian is right, it's only French public swimming pools this applies to. It's to do with hygiene and personal safety reasons which I can understand but seem a bit silly if you use common sense!

minnieme

We stayed at Explorers for 1 night last August, before our stay at Disneyland Hotel. Explorers would not allow shorts and so we had to buy their speedo type trunks which they sold. Very pricey. There was no problem wearing shorts at the Disneyland Hotel though.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

TappyFish

My brother and I always wore swim shorts and it was never a problem. I think they might have had a problem if we were wearing "normal" trunks though, what with our skinny white legs LOL!  ::)