Questions about Disneyland Paris

Started by NimsDisnerd, February 24, 2015, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NimsDisnerd

Hi! I'm going to Disneyland Paris this year in December for New Years Eve and I was hoping you could help me with a few questions I have. I haven't been to a Disney Park before and I'm really excited! Here are my questions:

Do they sell Gluten free or Wheat free food at the parks or in restaurants? My Mum has a Gluten allergy so it would be helpful to know the places she can eat.

Where can I meet Duffy the Disney bear? He looks so cuddly I want to give him a big hug when I meet him!

Where can I buy a Duffy bear? Also how much are they? I know there's the regular size and a bigger one, and I will probably want the bigger one as soon as I see them!

Do all the characters at Disney give you and Autograph? I got a notebook so I'm hoping I can fill it up with plenty of them.

Are there any special events I should know about for the New Year? I don't want to miss out on any!

Thank you for helping me out! I can't seem to find answers to these questions on any official Disneyland Paris sites so this is my last resort. I wish they would give people more information about the parks so we can be more prepared. If there are any other things I should know, I would really appreciate the info! Again, thank you very much!  ;D

DisneyRon

Isn't gluten free an option everywhere? It's not on the menu by default I believe, but you can always ask for it.
You may want to make reservations, as you can indicate that one of the guests will need their food Gluten free.
That way you can be sure that your mothers dietary needs will be met.

It's not as easy as it is in WDW (where you can indicate it for online reservations), but it is certainly an option I believe.

daddyof2

I'm not sure where Duffy might be in December, but he often does meets in the town square (or did do them at least). We took autograph books and every character we met was happy to sign it. New Year falls in to the Christmas season, and there's normally all sorts of meets, parades, shows, etc related to that. There's probably plenty of info elsewhere on this forum

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: daddyof2 on February 24, 2015, 08:57:09 PM
I'm not sure where Duffy might be in December, but he often does meets in the town square (or did do them at least). We took autograph books and every character we met was happy to sign it. New Year falls in to the Christmas season, and there's normally all sorts of meets, parades, shows, etc related to that. There's probably plenty of info elsewhere on this forum

Duffy has been removed from the meet 'n greet list, and will only be out for special events only now.
Last year Spring was his last regular meet. He did only one more meet last year, and that was the Halloween Soiree.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: NimsDisnerd on February 24, 2015, 08:40:55 PM
Where can I meet Duffy the Disney bear? He looks so cuddly I want to give him a big hug when I meet him!
Unfortunately you can't meet Duffy anymore. He has been removed from the meet 'n greet list since last Summer.
He's only out for special events like private events and the Halloween Soiree now.

Where can I buy a Duffy bear? Also how much are they? I know there's the regular size and a bigger one, and I will probably want the bigger one as soon as I see them!
There are many different Duffy bears! They range from 20€ to 160€.
There are three "naked" ones: the smallest of those is 30€, the middle is 70€ and the biggest is 160€.
Only the smalled of those three is the dressable one, all the outfits are for that bear. That's the standard size.
Then there are also many different pre-dressed once, with the cheapest being 20€ and the most expensive one being 35€.
You can buy them at pretty much any souvenir shop.

Do all the characters at Disney give you and Autograph? I got a notebook so I'm hoping I can fill it up with plenty of them.
If you want, yes. If not possible to sign due to the costume, you'll get a stamp from the character attendant.

Are there any special events I should know about for the New Year? I don't want to miss out on any!
It's way to early to talk about the NYE events right now. They won't be known until about 2 weeks or less before the actual evening.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen

Ask restaurants are supposed to serve special gluten free meals,  usually they give you them to warm up / cook in a microwave. Sometimes language is an issue,  I've been to buffets where I've been told nothing is suitable,  perhaps because of contamination,  but have really been able to pick out at least a few safe things if staff aren't any more helpful. Chez remy was by far the most helpful on our Last visit,  we were able to easy all "normal ' food,  it was lovely. Inventions weirdly was or worst,  I was told there was nothing,  even chips. They cooked a piece of plain steak for each of my boys,  and we picked out some fruit from the front basket. But we're told that was all that was suitable,  and it still cosy me 30 euros for each of them!  I could have cried
Others though have had great experiences there,  so could ask...

Zee79

I went at New Year 2014/15 and it was fab! They had most restaurants as new years eve meal so got to book them & not open for you to just walk in, we chose not to & had the standard fast food meal. There was then some entertainment in hotels, in the village& in the studios from about 7:30pm. We stayed in the studios & listened to the live music, taught how to dance haha & then watched the fireworks display in there at midnight which was amazing. They normally have displays in 3 places- the main park, studios & by the lake. We only found out what was going on on new years eve itself when they produced a new park guide that day. We are hopefully going new year of 2016/17 & prob do the lake this time.

stifle

The table service restaurants will help with gluten free food.

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: NimsDisnerd on February 24, 2015, 08:40:55 PM

All characters you can meet will sign your autograph books, except Buzz, who has a stamp (but you have to ask his CM for it!).  I think Sulley might be the same, but I can't remember...!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]