Anybody been at Whit weekend (pentacost) or May half term?

Started by Mrsya, January 22, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

We arrive the evening of French bank holiday Monday (24th May) and are staying until the Saturday. UK half term but not French. Do French families book this week off? Will it quieter down on the Tues.

Do I need to spend mega bucks on a VIP fast pass from ebay???

Thanks in advance for any replies. I have posted something similar about uk visitor numbers but would be nice to hear how busy it might be just after French bank holiday. I'm hoping its back to work/school from the tues!

HFJohnson

We went for May half term last year, but that week the french holiday was on the Thursday, the day we left. While we there it was definitely busier than term times but very manageable. I hate queues and I think the longest we waited while we were there was around 20 minutes. Make sure you get up for EMH at least once and get there for 8 as by fish the queues were building up. Have a rest in the afternoons and then head back to the parks in the evenings when they should be nice and quiet. I would expect the weekend and the Monday to be busy so they might be good days for shows but hopefully the rest of the week should be ok.

Mrsya

Thanks for that. Very helpful. We arrive late Monday evening so hopefully we'll see the crowds leaving....!