What's the best deal?

Started by Queen Elsa, January 11, 2015, 11:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Elsa

Want to book DLP for December and I'm trying to work out which are the best deals?  At the moment it's obviously 2 nights free and if I add full board plus onto the package it comes out as £1300 for the four of us (one under 3) can't decide if we are better waiting for the free half board deals and upgrading to full board. Can anyone help please xx

daddyof2

The 2 nights free deal is pretty much always the best deal

tinian

I usually wait for the 40% off deal.

QueenLisa

We booked the free nights & days deal as it was better value than the free half board deal for the same amount of days.

danogian

It depends how many nights you're going for. The 2 nights free deal on a 5 night stay should work out about the same as the 40% deal (if they ever do that one again), but if one of the deals includes free for kids under 7 (or 12) and you've got kids under 7 (or 12) then that will tip the balance.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

Queen Elsa

I'm trying to remember what we paid last year! When we booked initially we booked into Newport Bay and then changed hotels to New York! We only paid an extra £50 to upgrade because the deals changed from 2 days/ nights free to 30% off and free half board! Our kids are going to be 2 and just 5! Think I'm going to just book it now! Thanks for your help guys x

polar vixen

We airways find 30% of plus free food the best deal,  we got a family of seven in the Davy crockett, plus a meal at buffalo bill for 1200 for seven days!  Because we have longer stays that offer is much much better for us than the two days /2 nights

plzsm

Thanks for posting this, v interesting, we are in the same position
Had no idea they did 40% deals?
Also, are you suggesting they do a 2 + 2 days and free food?
Also do you they do free under 12?

We are looking at 4 nights at Cheyenne in July with a 5 and 7 yr old, just wondered if we should wait for a better deal?

daddyof2

Kids up to 7 are free (hotel and park tickets at least) until November http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/offers/free-for-kids-benefits.html
I'm not sure you'll get  better deal for 4 nights in July than the 2 nights free - happy to be wrong though

plzsm

danogian

Some of the 2 days free deals in the past have also been free for under 12s, but I haven't seen one of those for over a year, they seem to stick to free for under 7s now.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

plzsm

I was just looking at the French site and our potential break is £80 cheaper after the euro conversion, but then the plus and premium dining options are £50 at least more, any ideas why?

plzsm

Sorry, my error please ignore :-[

minnieme

Before I booked my trip, I priced 2 nights free offer for our week, and then using the brochure and price grids, priced the 30% off plus free meals. (40% has never tied in with our dates). The 2 nights worked out free. I do this every trip (yes, sad I know) but my calculations have always been right. We have never wanted to stay 4 nights before due to time limitations but have been able to this year so booked this early offer. Hate to think I have lost out somewhere!!!

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel